+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

"Slumping" Giants Ready For Bounce-Back Game

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...unce-back-game

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants (6-3) vs. the Cincinnati Bengals (3-5), 1 p.m. ET at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

THE WEATHER: There is snow on my lawn as I type this, so pardon me while I bang my head into the wall now that I know it should be near 70 at kickoff on Sunday. Sure. Why not? Hurricanes. Snow storms. And now spring/summer temperatures again. Bring it on, Mother Nature. … The forecast calls for a high of 68 and lots of sun, but with winds steady at 15-25 miles per hour.

WHAT IT MEANS: Everything, because Giants fans everywhere have their finger on the panic button. Seriously, they’ve lost one game in a row but … THEY’RE DOOMED!!!! … OK, maybe not, but the Giants are right when they say it’ll feel a whole lot different for them to go into the bye at 7-3 than 6-4, especially since they’re usually pretty terrible coming out of the bye. … For the Bengals, they’ve lost four in a row. They need to stop the bleeding or start looking to next year.

MATCHUP TO WATCH:Bengals WR A.J. Green vs. Giants S Antrel Rolle. This may be a non-traditional matchup, but it was spiced up this week when Green took a poke at the “holes” on the Giants’ defense and Rolle basically threatened to take his head off (legally, I’m sure) on the field. The truth is, Rolle may be key in stopping Green, who is the Bengals’ most dangerous weapon. It’s doubtful the Giants will try much one on one coverage against him, which means the safeties will be shading to his side a lot. When Rolle gets his chance, watch out for either the big hit or for him to miss big and give up a big play. Whatever happens, stopping Green is important because the Giants’ offense has struggled so much lately it might not be advisable to get into a shootout." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!
    This

I'm looking for a solid game from the G'men tomorrow!

For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smh
    I'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he can

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he can
    I'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.
    That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.

Eli will be looking for a WIN foremost. Going into the bye with a 7-3 should be an inspiration to the whole team, including coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.
    So your telling me Eli doesn't set those kinds of expectations for himself??That he is fine with just rushing the ball in for TD majority of the time(and that hasn't been going great either). They maybe fan expectations but I'm pretty sure he has a number in mind and it's not 22 or 12 through 9 games...with the weapons they have.