+ Reply to Thread

Throwing into double coverage

Do you feel comfortable watching Eli throwing into double coverage during a game? Do you think that his ability to hit his man in stride has diminished during this season? I feel like other than the long ball to Cruz, this season we have been lacking the deep ball, it has to be directly related to Cruz getting double covered. I wonder if Eli still feels confident he can hit his man accurately in stride during a double coverage situation.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Christie View Post
    Do you feel comfortable watching Eli throwing into double coverage during a game? Do you think that his ability to hit his man in stride has diminished during this season? I feel like other than the long ball to Cruz, this season we have been lacking the deep ball, it has to be directly related to Cruz getting double covered. I wonder if Eli still feels confident he can hit his man accurately in stride during a double coverage situation.
    It's all about the confidence Eli and Cruz, Nicks, Hixon and Randle have with each other.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think we can do it, he's done it before and done it well. Both the WR's and Eli have to be on the same page though and only throw it to a location that the WR can get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Christie View Post
    We've been lacking the deep ball because most teams have countered against it. I would prefer Eli not throwing into double coverage considering that Nicks is not 100% and Cruz is tripled team and not very big.

It's all about timing and they are not there yet! Maybe after the by....