+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Don't Look Now, But Prince Amukamara Rated As One Of NFL's best CBs

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/10/...t-cornerbacks/

Excerpt: "What a crazy two years it's been for Prince Amukamara. He was a first-round draft pick of the New York Giants a year ago, and fresh off an NFL Lockout, the rookie decided to holdout for a larger contract. Shortly after he received it, he broke his foot and missed a large chunk of the 2011-2012 season. Upon his return, he quickly snagged his first career interception and Big Blue eventually went on to win the Super Bowl.

Fast forward to this season, and the early story was Amukamara's ice bath in the cold tub, followed by teammates openly stating they wanted to see more "swag" from him. He was even mocked by other players around the league, who expected him to deliver them doughnuts.

Yet here we are, nine weeks into the 2012-2013 NFL season, and all of that has long been forgotten. And not just because the passing time has masked it, but because Amukamara has played exceptionally well all year … perhaps more than most realize.

Our friends at Pro Football Focus recently called Amukamara a "second-year standout" and rated him as the 9th best cornerback in the entire league.

So far this season, Amukamara has been targeted 21 times, allowing 10 receptions (47.62%) for 110 yards and no touchdowns. He's also hauled in an interception, while quarterbacks have combined for a 43.8 QB Rating against him.

By comparison, his counterpart, Corey Webster, is ranked 76th overall in the NFL. He has been targeted 40 times, allowing 26 receptions (65%) for 431 yards and three touchdowns. He, too, has an interception, but opposing quarterbacks have a combined 115.7 QB Rating against him. However, it is important to note that Webster has been playing with an injured hamstring and broken hand all season." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    Not surprised. Amu has been killing it all season, how many times do you even hear his name? 10 receptions in almost 10 games?? BEAST Keep it up

Prince will be on this team for years to come. Great draft choice and he's stepping up for sure!

Amazing now hopefully the other corners can get back to playing at a decent level. I did see improvement from Webby the last game.

Wow, I knew he was playing better, but I had no idea his numbers were that good.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Wow, I knew he was playing better, but I had no idea his numbers were that good.
    Me either. I often hear his name called for an "attaboy" but had no idea he was putting up such numbers.

I'm shocked.
    Prince has definitely proved me wrong. Hosley needs to be opposite of him!

Great job by Amu. I know some people were ready to give up on him.

What's up with Webster this year though? Seems to have lost a step.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    Great job by Amu. I know some people were ready to give up on him.

What's up with Webster this year though? Seems to have lost a step.
    Broken hand and hamstring.
    Why do we continue to play Nicks, Bradshaw, and Webby?

2011 draft has a bunch of outstanding CBs. Prince, Peterson, Sherman, Culliver, Harris, and Jimmy Smith has potential too.