+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 223 1231151101 ... LastLast

*** OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD - GIANTS @ BENGALS***

It's the week before the BYE. We stand at 6 - 3 going into the Cincinnati Bengals game who stand at 3 - 5. While losing this game would not, of itself, end the season. It would give more rise to the "second half swoon" theroists and, more importantly, not give us any momentum to use during the two week down period between games. Better to be feeling good about the last outing while taking a much deserved rest than having a "how could you" loss to look back on.

We have some tough games ahead. Winning a very winnable game is important in terms of the record but also in terms preparing us for the long road ahead.

Can Eli get the passing game back on track? Will Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, and Bennett provide better targets for Eli? Can the OLine pick up the slack and give ELi time to go through his progressions?

Can the Defense get off the field in the 4th quarter? Have they solved the porous run defense issue? Can we return to the Fearsome Foursome attack now that Canty is back? Will Rocky Bernard get back on the field today?

Will Special Teams return to the great coverage game that started the season? Field position is critical, can David Wilson get us some much needed yards on his returns?

We need to get back to basics. We need a convincing win to set the tone for life after the BYE

HERE WE GO, GIANTS, HERE WE GO!!
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-11-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

TODAY'S INACTIVES

NEW YORK GIANTS

S Kenny Phillips
    LB Jacquian Williams
    WR Jerrel Jernigan
    LB Keith Rivers
    DE Adewale Ojomo
    TE Adrien Robinson
    DT Marvin Austin

CINCINNATI BENGALS

DB Jason Allen
    WR Armon Binns
    DB Reggie Nelson
    WR Marvin Jones
    DL Brandon Thompson
    TE Richard Quinn
    DL Devon Still
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-11-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

A lot of questions there RO...
    But I think we see a good effort today. I believe they know how this game will set the table for the rest of the season. Will it be a Turkey feast or a Spam sandwich?

LET'S GO GET THE WIN!
    I thought we had something special!!!

can't wait for Ojomo to play...is he done for the year??....

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    A lot of questions there RO...
    But I think we see a good effort today. I believe they know how this game will set the table for the rest of the season. Will it be a Turkey feast or a Spam sandwich?
    I believe we will dominate in all three phases

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    Looks like they could be keeping him inactive as injury insurance... Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    No, it he were, he'd be on IR. Maybe he will be the playoffs star this time around

Sounds to me like we had a greatweek of practice, TC, PF AND KG helped get our boys ready for a smash-mouth football game.

LET'S GO BLUE

Banned
    Defense needs to play hard, and assure every bengal series is a 3 and out. And most of all, Eli needs to strike his receivers accurately and maintain the running game. Field Goals and decent special teams are gonna win this game.