+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who will cover Green?

With the way our corners have been playing this year, who do you think should be covering AJ Green? I would like to see bracket coverage with Prince and Rolle. They need to jam him at the line when in man coverage, and roll a safety over the top in zone coverage. I don't think Webster is 100% yet, and even if he was, his play has been inconsistent this season. This would be a good test for Amukamara, who has been more consistent. Green is too good to cover one on one. At least for anyone on the Giants roster.

What do you think?

Maybe they will switch it up a bit, or maybe they will just keep CWeb on one side and Prince on the other and whatever side green is on, that person takes him..

Double team him and change the look of the coverage keep them off balance

Put 7 guys on him and hope the 4 D-Lineman get to Dalton before he could complete a pass to any other receiver. Okay, in all seriousness, I'd try Amukamara first. He's been our best corner so far this year and Green is clearly their best. If he doesn't work then it's C-Web's turn. He finally had a good game last week and he's the most experienced corner we got. Green isn't too fast, but he confused Champ Bailey last week with some moves. That's what worries me with Webster. He's looked very slow reacting at time this year.

You gotta go with Prince out of the box and bracket w/ Brown. I take brown in coverage before Rolle anyday. You can use webster on binns, then holsey or will takes the slot. Go Giants!

C Web will cover Green. He has problem's against big receivers so I'm all for safety help. I say C Web keeps him under wraps and Green might have a TD reception but he will get smacked by Cweb for most of the game.

I honestly am expecting Green to have a big game regardless who covers him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    I honestly am expecting Green to have a big game regardless who covers him.
    Pretty much. We rarely do well against tall receivers.

Doesn't matter as long as we have some Safety help over the top. Hoping that Rolle gets a chance to make good on his "duck" comment!

All-Pro
    Don't worry. Rolle said he will talk with his pads so you know whoever covers him will have his help.