+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theo Rid****

Bench Player

Theo Rid****

I know the Giants are not really in need of more skill position guys but Rid**** is a guy I would certainly have on my big board in the late rounds of next years draft... The guy is extremely versatile between RB and WR, sort of like a poor mans Randall Cobb minus the return experience. He's not a big back or a burner but the guy is extremely shifty and plays very hard. There is next to no hype that I have heard for him so I would imagine that the Giants could either get him very late or even in FA so the risk would be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkyankfan69 View Post
    I know the Giants are not really in need of more skill position guys but Rid**** is a guy I would certainly have on my big board in the late rounds of next years draft... The guy is extremely versatile between RB and WR, sort of like a poor mans Randall Cobb minus the return experience. He's not a big back or a burner but the guy is extremely shifty and plays very hard. There is next to no hype that I have heard for him so I would imagine that the Giants could either get him very late or even in FA so the risk would be minimal.
    "a poor mans Randall Cobb minus the return experience" lol why the hell would I want that?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    "a poor mans Randall Cobb minus the return experience" lol why the hell would I want that?
    In today's pass heavy NFL you can't have enough RB's who can catch the ball out of the backfield, be very verstile, and have the natural ability to make guys miss...IMO Rid**** is very solid in blitz pick up also, especially for his smaller size. And like I said, Rid**** is not a big name at all... Spending a late round pick, or more likely signing him in FA post draft is a zero risk move. If it doesn't work out you release him.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    You dont know why you would want a guy with 45 catches, 500 yards and 6 tds half way through the year?

He is ok, but I think if you want a Rb with dominant recieving ability you have to start the conversation with Giovanni Bernard our of NC.

The thing is I am beginning to this a recieving RB would be wasted her. I dont mean this as a criticism of the coaching staff but we just flat out dont use our RBs much in this capacity. When it comes to the Giants , we keep our Rbs in to block more than any team in the NFL. I would like to see us do it more, like we used to with Tiki, but we just do not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He is ok, but I think if you want a Rb with dominant recieving ability you have to start the conversation with Giovanni Bernard our of NC.

The thing is I am beginning to this a recieving RB would be wasted her. I dont mean this as a criticism of the coaching staff but we just flat out dont use our RBs much in this capacity. When it comes to the Giants , we keep our Rbs in to block more than any team in the NFL. I would like to see us do it more, like we used to with Tiki, but we just do not.
    Bernard is the top back in the draft, 1st round pick, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Bernard is the top back in the draft, 1st round pick, IMO
    He might be, its hard to say right now. This class is strong in the middle in backs but I am not sure any 1 guy stands above the rest right now. I certainly think Bernard is going to be a threat on the right team tho.

He might be, its hard to say right now. This class is strong in the middle in backs but I am not sure any 1 guy stands above the rest right now. I certainly think Bernard is going to be a threat on the right team tho.
    ya, i think i'm a Eddie Lacy guy personally, but both lacy and bernard can return to school next yr, so who knows who will be best back this yr? Stephon Taylor and Kenjon Barner are both pretty good.. Its not a great draft for RB's in the 1st rd , but theres a little depth in the mid late rd 2 thru RD 4ish area..

Bernard should definetly come out in this class, if i was him... Lacy as well...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 11-11-2012 at 11:07 AM.

We used to use are backs outta backfield, with Tiki as u said, but also Derrick Ward.. Ward had 40plus catches his last yr with us, and that was with Jacobs and Ahmad here in 08... I think its something we should get back to alittle bit.. I think thats one reason were struggling on Offense, is we havent used all our resources.. Guys like Andre Brown for instance, can catch, and u set up a few nice screens or whatever, and all of a sudden the defense can't only focus with wr's on outside and deep as much..

just draft play makers and contributors,,,that's all I look for

+ Reply to Thread