+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is a win a win and a loss is a loss?

Do any poster think that there is a certain level of winning and losing?

I think there is a difference between a good win and a bad win. I think they have different effects on teams, players and fans but at the end of the day, the good ol' sang, a win is a win is the truth. The W/L department is what ultimately chooses your destiny in the post season.

By definition - no, but in terms of satisfaction - yes.

ehhh... the obvious counter arguement would be the end of season loss we had vs New England. As many players, including Strahan, have noted by keeping that game close and having a chance to we in it, the Giants proved to themselves that they were in fact capable of beating what many considered to be the best team in NFL history.

So a loss actually propelled that team onto great things.

What they ultimately mean for your record and standing - no they are what they are. But other than that absolutely yes there are certain levels...Only a few weeks ago we had one of the ugliest wins against Dallas.... The 2007 regular season loss to the Pats was probably the best loss the Giants ever had. The overall "W" & "L"'s for those games meant one thing but their level of play really said another.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    ehhh... the obvious counter arguement would be the end of season loss we had vs New England. As many players, including Strahan, have noted by keeping that game close and having a chance to we in it, the Giants proved to themselves that they were in fact capable of beating what many considered to be the best team in NFL history.

So a loss actually propelled that team onto great things.
    I agree with this. A loss to a better team after you have played them hard is much easier to take than a loss to a crappy team where you have not played up to expectations. The Pats game is a good example of a loss that although disappointing, was OK. The loss to Dallas, eagles and Steelers was more of a disappointment because the team laid an egg and did not put enough effort.

a win is always a win and a loss is always a loss...

however u can learn things from either that can change your perspective but not the actual result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
    a win is always a win and a loss is always a loss...

however u can learn things from either that can change your perspective but not the actual result.
    Not if a win is giving to you.

Veteran
    I can accept a tough loss over a beat down, or a what the hell just happened loss.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I can accept a tough loss over a beat down, or a what the hell just happened loss.
    Hell yeah, especialy if our team gets beat down real bad and it keeps on happening.