+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't practice you don't play

Coached for 33yrs policy was if you can't practice youdon't play. Our players had to put in two quality days or they did not play - regardless of who they were or how good they were. You play the way you practice and if you don't practice chances are you will perform s h itty game day.

Injured players can play and practice - hurt players can not. Pros should know that.

Too many players on this team only want to participate on game day - BS sit them and play someone who busted their butt all week long.

I don't give a rats a ss who it is, Tuck's butt should have been on the bench. You want dissention you will get it by not practicing and playing especially when you are losing.

Re: Don't practice you don't play

decent strategy. on the other hand plax woulda never played during our SB run in '07

[quote user="meanseen"]decent strategy. on the other hand plax woulda never played during our SB run in '07[/quote]

Wanna bet he did it because he could. If he was sat he would have the miraculous recovery.

Veteran

I just went out for coffee and beat Prince Amukamara on a quick slant.

Veteran

Serious question - so you think Rolle was correct in his comments about teammates not practicing?

There are hundreds of anti-Rolle threads on these boards. Personally, I dont like his trash talking to other teams but think he had this one right.

[quote user="JMFP2"]I just went out for coffee and beat Prince Amukamara on a quick slant.[/quote]

[quote user="bashful"]

Coached for 33yrs policy was if you can't practice you*don't play.* Our players had to put in two quality days or they did not play - regardless of who they were or how good they were.* You play the way you practice and if you don't practice chances are you will perform s h itty game day.

Injured players can play and practice - hurt players can not.* Pros should know that.

Too many players on this team only want to participate on game day - BS sit them and play someone who busted their butt all week long.

I don't give a rats a ss who it is, Tuck's butt should have been on the bench.* You want dissention you will get it by not practicing and playing especially when you are losing.

[/quote]

Thats the way it was years ago! But with the pay scale of todays players, they are babyed!
    Giants fan since '58

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="JMFP2"]I just went out for coffee and beat Prince Amukamara on a quick slant.[/quote]

[/quote]

I loled, haha.

I also wanted to point out that how you practice is also very important. I know there are several who coach on this board, but I know from playing rugby for the past 7 years that the quality of how practices are ran also factor. Sure you can have a good practice, but if you dont work on key items that the other team will most likely run, you'll probably lose. I believe that's what was mentioned in the post-game conference of the Redskins running different schemes that the Giants didn't prepare for.

We had a new coach this fall and missed playoffs. We almost got demoted to division 2 Mens because of it, but there were 1-2 other teams that did worse, so we were spared. It's mostly credited to how poorly the practices were ran because what we prepared for did not happen on game day.

Regardless, the age old saying is if you dont practice, you dont play, which is something that should hold to every team, or at least you'd think that.

[quote user="DandyDon"]Serious question - so you think Rolle was correct in his comments about teammates not practicing? There are hundreds of anti-Rolle threads on these boards. Personally, I dont like his trash talking to other teams but think he had this one right.[/quote]I dont have a problem with Rolle talking **** at all.I have a problem with him taking zero responsibility for his own poor play.The guy hasnt made a play this year

All-Pro

Yet it worked well for Plax...and it works for other players around the league, Tuck is too injured and the Giants won't IR his ***, has nothing to do with him practicing or not...