+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ware's catch to Greg Jennings catch

Could some explain how DJ Ware's TD was called back but Greg Jennings catch against the Giants wasn't? I feel like DJ Ware had more control over the goalline than greg jennings who eventually lost possession. I feel like we got stolen.

Re: Ware's catch to Greg Jennings catch

It's simple, the refs are Cowboys fans

Bench Player

Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.

[quote user="fizzlestick"]Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.
    [/quote]

understood, thanks for the clear up

[quote user="fizzlestick"]Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.
    [/quote]

Actually, Ware did control it all the way to the ground, which is why it was ruled a completed catch. The reason why it was not a TD is because he didn't get 2 feet down while the ball was across the goal line...by the time he got his feet down, the ball was not in control, and he didn't regain control with the ball across the line.

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="fizzlestick"]Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.
    [/quote]

Actually, Ware did control it all the way to the ground, which is why it was ruled a completed catch. The reason why it was not a TD is because he didn't get 2 feet down while the ball was across the goal line...by the time he got his feet down, the ball was not in control, and he didn't regain control with the ball across the line.[/quote]

And that totally makes sense because all the ball has to do is cross the goal line for it to be considered a TD. I mean, how many running backs score TD's by just placing the ball over the line? Not to mention when a ball carrier gets the ball over the line only to have it knocked out of his hands, that's usually called a TD.

The refereeing this year has been inconsistent. Plain and simple.

I don't get this call at all. He had control when the ball crossed the goal line, we wasn't contacted until he had already got the ball over the goal line. The play should be on the books once the ball crosses the goal line, not a wait and see what happens after it crosses the goal line. He caught the ball, made a move to the goal line and got the ball across, TOUCHDOWN in my book. The officials have been super inconsistent with this type of ruling.

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]I don't get this call at all. He had control when the ball crossed the goal line, we wasn't contacted until he had already got the ball over the goal line. The play should be on the books once the ball crosses the goal line, not a wait and see what happens after it crosses the goal line. He caught the ball, made a move to the goal line and got the ball across, TOUCHDOWN in my book. The officials have been super inconsistent with this type of ruling.

[/quote]

I agree completely, should have been a TD. I know it didn't really mean anything at that point in the game but I don't see the difference between the 2.

not just that..i dont know how many of you watched the cowboys bucs game but romo had thrown a pass to austin and a bucs saftey got his hand on it too.. the ball was moving around and by the time austin had it completely he was laying on the 1 yd line..yet they called it a td...just for evidence of inconsistency by these damn refs

[quote user="DEgiants89"][quote user="fizzlestick"]Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.
    [/quote]

understood, thanks for the clear up[/quote]

It's still pretty lame. If Prince had tackled him or pushed him down when he swatted it out, it wouldn't have been a TD since he would have had to maintain control to the ground. Some of these rulings are way to "iffy".