+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bradshaw fumble was Huuuuge

early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless

Yea that was really bad but they were driving and the hope was with a defensive stop... the offense would keep rolling. The next two possessions and subsequent Eli picks and cincy tds were worse I think... because they pretty much sealed the game for cincy

Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

In a word.............game changer.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Yeah, play of the game

The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
    Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.
    Coming away with any points would have made it a one-score contest.....would have been 17-9 or maybe 17-13.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Agreed.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.
    Disagree.

That sort of thing happens and it did set the tone for the first half.

But, the last drive of the first half, a couple of decent series on D, then the drive is developing OK, better than OK, in the second half.

But Bradshaw's fumble prompted a collapse that was just ridiculous.

I dunno what it is, but we look really fragile.

Maybe we do need the bye really bad, maybe Sandy has hurt us worse than we thought, but we look like a team that's not right.
    Let's be honest, we haven't played well since SF.

We got by against two poor NFC East teams then have been awful two weeks running.

We need to re-group quickly or the season will run away from us.

I'm not taking the Sandy was hard on this football team garbage. They are just playing like total dog doo doo. lol

Hopefully they can come out of the bye and put some wins together.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless
    +1.

still they played with no urgency!