+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

The Giants defense as a whole is not good this year. However, Pierre-Paul is emerging as a great player. He's all hustle.. just as good against the run as he is against the pass... He get pass deflections, sacks.. Last week against the Cowboys that was a performance that legends are made of. Then he follows it up yesterday with 16 tackles... Really*??? 16 tackles for a defensive linemen... Even though he's not on the pro bowl ballot I guarantee he makes all pro ... He will get voted in by the players Nd coaches... Don't be surprised if he gets the defensive MVP... I think he would deserve it too

Tell me who in the league deserves it more than JPP.... Babin? He's not the all around player JPP is and JPP pretty much single handedly saved our season game 1 @ Dallas...

Can you argue Ware?? Possibly, but he's not having the type if year JPP is having.. he has probably as many passes defenses as a lot of CBS in this league

Veteran

Re: Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year. Dude is a tackling machine and he's not even an outside linebacker!!!!!

[quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
    [/quote]Define full time starter

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
    [/quote]Define full time starter[/quote]

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck.
    [/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

[/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.[/quote]

I remember they used him in tackle position.

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

[/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.[/quote]

I remember they used him in tackle position.
    [/quote]On select sets. JPP has gotten a ton of playing time and he's having a great year, I doubt his stats would be considerably different if he had gotten a few snaps here or there.

Kids a flat out beast though. Incredible. If he can stay healthy..

Veteran

I think he should get it

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.
    [/quote]

Osi mised the first 3 or 4 games, and by the time he was healthy Tuck was hurt and missed time.

JPP plays a lot better on the right side. When they put him at DT or LDE he just isn't as effective for whatever reason.