+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tom needs a reality check

Dude. You blasted your defense publicly callinfg them soft. Problem Is you've gotten soft. You need to look back at the prick you were in your early days here. Yea you changed to keep strahan happy but being the kinder gentler grandpa figure isn't working anymore. Time for a gut-check. Build the bridge or jump from It. Your choice. But you've mailed it in. Nut up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    Dude. You blasted your defense publicly callinfg them soft. Problem Is you've gotten soft. You need to look back at the prick you were in your early days here. Yea you changed to keep strahan happy but being the kinder gentler grandpa figure isn't working anymore. Time for a gut-check. Build the bridge or jump from It. Your choice. But you've mailed it in. Nut up or shut up.
    It's funny because people have said since he changed his attitude (after the 2006) season is one of the reasons he earned his players respect and won 2 SBs.

And don't like he's not pissed off at the team.

Well he earned those guys respect. True. But at some point don't you have to look in the mirror? He really should start with Kg and Pf. The job they've done is embarrassing. Maybe KG should be in the booth. I don't know. I'm frustrated like everyone.

My only problem with Tom Coughlin is his idiotic personel decisions. Someone tell me why David Diehl was ever entered as the starter at RT in the first place? It was obvious that he couldn't play that position. By the grace of God he got hurt. ( I know that sounds harsh but if Coughlin would have left him on the bench where he belongs he wouldn't have gotten hurt in the first place) the Oline immediately...AND I MEAN IMMEDIATELY plays better when Diehl leaves the game. I mean the very next play the oline got better...So you put Diehl back in the lineup???? Is Tom Coughlin being extorted by David Diehl???

What coach sits there and refuses to give his first round draft choice any opportunites when the starter is ineffective and suffering from fumblitis? I've never heard of this. I've never seen anything like this in all my years as a fan.

Eli is struggling. What do you do when you're QB is struggling? You

A) Bench him. (Not gonna happen)

b) Run the ball (Can't run the ball)

c) Implement more west coast concepts into the offense so that the QB can get easy completions.

The correct answer is C. This has been in issue with KGs offense for the word go. When the protection is good. When guys are getting open and seeing everything the same way the QB is seeing it. And the QB is throwing frozen ropes all over the place then the offense looks great. Right now none of that **** is working so we need to get all of that read option **** out of the offense and get back to basics.. Ins Outs Slants Shakes and Goes until we get our act together. This is obvious.

I'm not hitting the panic button and I know we're gonna get it together. I honestly believe we just need a bye week. But I'm extremely frustrated.

Also let this be lesson to you people who thought that our roster didn't need any upgrades because we won the Superbowl.

Boley's 2011 was a fluke and the rest of our linebackers are unimpressive. Our Corners are unimpressive and our front 4 is overrated.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

When your QB is struggling, KG's answer is 1st and long pass, 2nd and draw and 3RD AND LONG PASS WITH A CHANCE OF BEING SACKED OR 3RD AND 2 YARD PASS .
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    When your QB is struggling, KG's answer is 1st and long pass, 2nd and draw and 3RD AND LONG PASS WITH A CHANCE OF BEING SACKED OR 3RD AND 2 YARD PASS .
    That's the thing, KG didn't decide to throw the ball deep. Eli chose those routes to throw to, all the routes have a short guy you can go to.

Banned
    WE NEED MORE SLANTS, SIMPLE IN AND OUT ROUTES.

I mean seriously though, did we run a simle slant over the middle for 4-6 yards once today? I mean a planned slant....not a "sight adjustment" slant. A pure, ok, 2 crossing routes underneath, GO. ???? cmon KG i can learn more about a struggling offense from Madden than i can from watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    My only problem with Tom Coughlin is his idiotic personel decisions. Someone tell me why David Diehl was ever entered as the starter at RT in the first place? It was obvious that he couldn't play that position. By the grace of God he got hurt. ( I know that sounds harsh but if Coughlin would have left him on the bench where he belongs he wouldn't have gotten hurt in the first place) the Oline immediately...AND I MEAN IMMEDIATELY plays better when Diehl leaves the game. I mean the very next play the oline got better...So you put Diehl back in the lineup???? Is Tom Coughlin being extorted by David Diehl???

What coach sits there and refuses to give his first round draft choice any opportunites when the starter is ineffective and suffering from fumblitis? I've never heard of this. I've never seen anything like this in all my years as a fan.

Eli is struggling. What do you do when you're QB is struggling? You

A) Bench him. (Not gonna happen)

b) Run the ball (Can't run the ball)

c) Implement more west coast concepts into the offense so that the QB can get easy completions.

The correct answer is C. This has been in issue with KGs offense for the word go. When the protection is good. When guys are getting open and seeing everything the same way the QB is seeing it. And the QB is throwing frozen ropes all over the place then the offense looks great. Right now none of that **** is working so we need to get all of that read option **** out of the offense and get back to basics.. Ins Outs Slants Shakes and Goes until we get our act together. This is obvious.

I'm not hitting the panic button and I know we're gonna get it together. I honestly believe we just need a bye week. But I'm extremely frustrated.

Also let this be lesson to you people who thought that our roster didn't need any upgrades because we won the Superbowl.

Boley's 2011 was a fluke and the rest of our linebackers are unimpressive. Our Corners are unimpressive and our front 4 is overrated.
    if only you were on the coaching staff..........but alas.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    That's the thing, KG didn't decide to throw the ball deep. Eli chose those routes to throw to, all the routes have a short guy you can go to.
    Except that half the time the short guy is the back, who ends up having to try and block whoever Diehl lets go by. There was a play on 3rd and 1 today where the shortest route was about 12-15 yards down the field and the line got blown up. Thats just a terrible call by Killdrive.

Well, at least he admitted somewhat that the oline didn't protect Eli as much. Eli was getting Vic like treatment today.