+ Reply to Thread

Thread: follow up

follow up

Awhile back I posted a thread about my Niece going to Afghanistan and requested prayers. I wanted to thank everyone for your kindness and give you an update. I was going to post it in the main forum like I did before but thought it wasn't appropriate. My Jamie was home for 5 weeks when she started feeling numbness in her legs. She went to the Veteran's Hospital and they turned her away until my Marine brother in law who is her dad threw a fit and almost got arrested (which was his goal to get her seen). To make a long story short she has been diagnosed with a condition called Transverse Militis which is an auto-immune virus that attacks the spinal cord. The doctors will not say how she got it (cough, cough) but it can be from a vaccine she received before she was shipped off or a virus, and she had one while over there which almost killed her. She can walk now but still has numbness in her legs and has to go thru physical thearpy. Please remember and give thanks to all the vets who were asked to defend this country!!! They deserve so much more then the government will give them.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. I hope she pulls through! My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

+ Reply to Thread