+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think....

I think....

When you witness a game (and I hesitate to even call it that) like the one that occurred today, pay upon performance needs to be considered. I'm not gonna blame any one person because I think The Giants as a whole just didn't show up today, and it's pitiful. It's pitiful that this team has such talent and potential but won't capitalize on it. I'm sorry, but these are grown men, professional athletes, who make WAY too much money to show up the way they did today. Why do they need job threats or their backs against the wall, in order to play decent ball? It's not right and it's not fair.....to themselves and the fans. If there's personal issues going on with anyone in the organization, they need to do what anyone needs to do in any job.....check it at the door and just get the job done. That's life.

I'm most upset because this is an outstanding organization, very capable of growing, and exceeding even more than they have in past years, and for whatever reasons....just don't get it done, and that is the saddest thing of all.

Well said.
    We are way too talented to be playing this poorly.
    It's sad. There's no sense of urgency.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Banned
    oh god Laurah. You and I agree. maybe...

It's just that the team is now 6-4 and the players still apparently didn't feel like their playoff hopes were threatened as they came into this game with no energy, focus, urgency, etc... I'm sure the coaching staff didn't just sit there and twiddle their thumbs the whole time between the Steelers lost and today. What got lost in translation here?

One thing I will say is that there's always a danger of laying a goose egg before the bye. I remember Amani Toomer saying that in 08 the team didn't fal apart because of Plaxico. He said that the team had been playing at a really high level for a long time going to back the previous playoff run and that they were just warn out. Which speaks to the problem with going 9-7 and then turning it up 10 notches for the playoffs. It can be really taxing. I'm hoping that the Giants can take a week off. Resinsert Locklear into the starting lineup get more touches for the first round draft choice and real the offense in. I'm all for our vertical scheme but its not working right now. Our best reciever isn't 100%. Our second best WR is having a contract moment the oline can't block and the QB has the shanks. Its time to go to more High Percentage passing.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    One thing I will say is that there's always a danger of laying a goose egg before the bye. I remember Amani Toomer saying that in 08 the team didn't fal apart because of Plaxico. He said that the team had been playing at a really high level for a long time going to back the previous playoff run and that they were just warn out. Which speaks to the problem with going 9-7 and then turning it up 10 notches for the playoffs. It can be really taxing. I'm hoping that the Giants can take a week off. Resinsert Locklear into the starting lineup get more touches for the first round draft choice and real the offense in. I'm all for our vertical scheme but its not working right now. Our best reciever isn't 100%. Our second best WR is having a contract moment the oline can't block and the QB has the shanks. Its time to go to more High Percentage passing.
    well said,,add the coaches can't or won't make strategic adjustments in game or practice

well said and thankfully something correctable and when they need a win, you can't count them out

Actually a thread with intelligent tbought and emotion...nice Laura.....and it came from a girl of course

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarson View Post
    Actually a thread with intelligent tbought and emotion...nice Laura.....and it came from a girl of course
    Look out with stuff like that: Sensible,attainable, not rocket science, and technuques that will get your team out of a very deep funk... Oh but wait, no one on this staff will ever go for things like that!!! Go Giants!!!

Veteran
    Very good post, Laurah.