+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Jerry's picks not helping the situation

    Our team has many issues. it's unfortunate many of our higher end picks can't help us out a little to get out of the funk. Brewer a fourth rounder can't help our average at best OL? Jernigan a 3rd round pick with speed, quickness and moves with YAC drooling out of him can't offer more of a weapon for Eli than Barden?Austin a 2nd round pick even when healthy has shown little to justify spending a 2 pick on. If he was healthy has he shown enough to even be active on game day? David Wilson, get's taken in the first round but by mid season he still can't pick up assignments and pass block good enough to get his explosiveness on the field except for returning kicks? Route Tree Randle a number 2 can't show enough yet that we have to use an obviously hampered Nicks instead. Route Bush Randle maybe? We have a stale playbook and some old bread guys playing. We could use some reinforcements but they haven't arrived. We could use some creative play calling but that doesn't seem to be arriving either.

  2. #2
    I Believe Jerry wanted Wilson, the Coaches wanted Martin, and i believe that could be a reason Wilson is not seeing more touches and time on the field

  3. #3
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,115
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    I Believe Jerry wanted Wilson, the Coaches wanted Martin, and i believe that could be a reason Wilson is not seeing more touches and time on the field
    I didn't like the Jernigan pick at all.....thought LB or OL should have been the call.

    I was excited about Marvin Austin, but so far, he's been a disappointment.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  4. #4
    Veteran dakotajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Carolina / New Jersey
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    I Believe Jerry wanted Wilson, the Coaches wanted Martin, and i believe that could be a reason Wilson is not seeing more touches and time on the field
    Is this purely speculation? And how do we know how good Wilson is currently in pass protection? Do we have an inside source at Giant's practice?

    I'm sure the staff can come up with a game plan to give Wilson more than 1 touch a game. You don't need to pass protect when you are running the football. Bradshaw hasn't been protecting the ball, so what's the difference?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I didn't like the Jernigan pick at all.....thought LB or OL should have been the call.

    I was excited about Marvin Austin, but so far, he's been a disappointment.
    In hindsight it was a bad pick, but really who would have thought Cruz would have become what he is now?

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Is this purely speculation? And how do we know how good Wilson is currently in pass protection? Do we have an inside source at Giant's practice?

    I'm sure the staff can come up with a game plan to give Wilson more than 1 touch a game. You don't need to pass protect when you are running the football. Bradshaw hasn't been protecting the ball, so what's the difference?
    Eli isn't any better at protecting the ball since he throws an int in almost every game

  7. #7
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    In hindsight it was a bad pick, but really who would have thought Cruz would have become what he is now?
    I understand the logic behind the Jernigan pick, but I just thought OL and LB needed more attention at the time. I figured Nicks, Manningham, Dixon and Barden were enough.

    We did hit the jackpot with Cruz, though.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  8. #8
    Don't forget Travis Beckum was a wasted pick as well. Reese was hoping Beckum would turn out to be one of those Chris Cooley type players who is a tweener between a tight end and H-Back. Jerry Reese is really screwing up this team, and I feel like Im the only one feeling this way. How many years are we going to complain about this offensive line and linebacker position. What about the running back position? It was a position of need and you sit there and let Tampa Bay jump in front of us...WHY!!! Be aggressive Reese. Then he gambles and loses Ballard for good, so after this Bennett project falls through we will be back to looking for another tight end. Offensive linemen like Boothe, Baas, Diehl, and Locklear would be backups anywhere else. Whoever is our offensive line coach has to be crying after every practice.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,351
    we need a big physical RB (like jacobs) to compliment our current RBs. all of current RBs are 'small'

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I understand the logic behind the Jernigan pick, but I just thought OL and LB needed more attention at the time. I figured Nicks, Manningham, Dixon and Barden were enough.

    We did hit the jackpot with Cruz, though.
    Yeah I was hoping for some o-line help before day 2 as well, hopefully after this season Reese will pick some up early next draft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts