+ Reply to Thread

yea good game plan perry

How in the hell do we gm plan to keep aj green at least contained but still he he runs free for 50 yard td to start the gm wtf isn't this year 3 in perrys crazy schemes and we still got micues ,blown coverages, bring f bak the aggressive 4-3 like old giants football

I just want to have a top 5 defense for one year. It seems like our defense gets worse every year. I think PF just needs to simplify things for them cause giving up yards is not going to work with the elite qb's that we are playing coming up. It also seems that we never play man..ever get up on the wr and punish them I always see them letting the wr's get of the los with no pressure.

Fewell is the easy target and he deserves some of the blame. But players need to execute, and the startling stat that says a lot about our defense is the amount of big plays we're giving up. How many weeks does it take for our corners to be on the same page as our safeties?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by giantsacks View Post
    How in the hell do we gm plan to keep aj green at least contained but still he he runs free for 50 yard td to start the gm wtf isn't this year 3 in perrys crazy schemes and we still got micues ,blown coverages, bring f bak the aggressive 4-3 like old giants football
    How is it Fewell's fault that his team is too dumb to understand their assignments. Webster seemed to be the only one confused all of the time. I never seen a cornerback who is suppose to be an All-Pro look around for help against his safety. Fans all over this board called Webster a shutdown corner back and he need wants to be assigned one on one with the other teams best receiver...hes always looking for safety help. Maybe Fewell's only fault is believing Webster can handle the opposing team's number 1 by himself. But I dont blame Fewell, Reese pays Webster as if hes a shutdown corner so I would expect Webster to at least know his assignments.

You can't blame our defense for having to work with under 30 yard fields all day long...

No sacks,hurries,pressures,hits no nuthin i think i seen one blitz all gm dalton had at least 4-5 seconds each pass attempt so yea i blame fewell

so Corey blowing that coverage was part of the gameplan?

their biggest weapon is running down the field ..... cover him

he bites on an underneath route and lets Green run free?

thats not on Perry nor is it on the scheme

this is not the first, or second time this season where Webster was the only one playing a different coverage than the other 10 guys on the field

No sacks,hurries,pressures,hits no nuthin i think i seen one blitz all gm dalton had at least 4-5 seconds each pass attempt so yea i blame fewell
    so you want to take guys out of coverage while Dalton is carving up the defense while they were sending 4 ?

That coverage blown by Brown. He is supposed to stay on top and not bite on the underneath route, if Corey was not getting any help we would not be outside of Green. The way Brown is playing know it looks like he is trying to pump up his numbers instead of playing the called defense. Or he is picking up on Rolle's bad habits. Being the absolute worst big play defense in the NFL they should be living in a 2 high look.

Considering the circumstances, other than that tank job by Corey Webster, the defense wasn't really that bad. They only allowed like 275 yds and were forced to defend short fields due to stupid turnovers and special teams gaffes. They were also out there for a long time yet again due to more of these 3 and outs