+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Giants Mock Drafr Rounds 1-7

2013 Giants Mock Drafr Rounds 1-7

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but I'm quite aware of the current state of the Giants. Much of my interest lies in the front-office decision makings and how Jerry Reese selects players. That being said I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think our 2013 draft will look like.

I will post my mock draft shortly.

Assumptions:

We select 32nd overall (not saying we're going to win the SB this year but it's a good way to keep our predictions constant)
    Free Agents Reese resigns before the draft: Cruz, Boothe, Rivers, Brown, Pascoe, Bennett, Carr, Tynes, Blackburn, A. Brown, Tracy
    The Giants don't make any deals for Free Agents prior to the draft
    Free Agents Reese releases: Barden, Bernard, Coe, Phillips, Hixon, Osi, Tryon, Cordle

These assumptions may seem arbitrary but I think that they will play an important role in the combination of need/best player mentality that we have been utilizing since Reese became our GM.

Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but I'm quite aware of the current state of the Giants. Much of my interest lies in the front-office decision makings and how Jerry Reese selects players. That being said I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think our 2013 draft will look like.

I will post my mock draft shortly.

Assumptions:

We select 32nd overall (not saying we're going to win the SB this year but it's a good way to keep our predictions constant)
    Free Agents Reese resigns before the draft: Cruz, Boothe, Rivers, Brown, Pascoe, Bennett, Carr, Tynes, Blackburn, A. Brown, Tracy
    The Giants don't make any deals for Free Agents prior to the draft
    Free Agents Reese releases: Barden, Bernard, Coe, Phillips, Hixon, Osi, Tryon, Cordle

These assumptions may seem arbitrary but I think that they will play an important role in the combination of need/best player mentality that we have been utilizing since Reese became our GM.
    you seem to have a real grasp for this..Im interested to see who you have them taking...are you going to say who they will pick or what positions they will select? I think they go DE or CB in the 1st

There's a dedicated sub-forum for this http://boards.giants.com/forumdispla...rs-Mock-Drafts

Nice name, that's my hometown!

and I usually pay attention to mocks after the SB since we don't know how we are going to end up.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I want to see who you have us taking in rounds 1-7

All-Pro
    Tuck and Osi have been invisible. They need a DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Tuck and Osi have been invisible. They need a DE.
    Agreed, we will still have Tuck next year, Kiwi, JPP, Tracy, and Ojomo, I think if we picked one up in the later rounds we will be okay. Osi is gone after this year. More importantly than our DE's though might be our DT's while being able to get to the QB is a great luxury that we have become accustomed to, we need to work on our run defense too. Canty has been great since he has been back, Joseph has been solid all year, behind him we have a huge experiment in Kuhn and a huge disappointment in Austin.

As for the other comments, I'm still reading up, watching college and professional tape to work on a draft. While I do like to wait for the SB to make my final predictions I love speculating over stuff like this.

I'm going to respond to this and say that positions would be the best and most accurate way to predict a draft right now. But CFB is far enough into the season to see developed players who will be entering the draft.

I think it will be a huge mistake to select a DE or a CB in the first, Reese likes his long term experiments. Why not protect our most valuable asset in Manning and draft a lineman in the first? Our O-line is old. I lose sleep at night thinking about how Manning will last 10 more years without a solid line to throw behind.

Alex Okafor DE from Texas
    Dion Jordan DE Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    Alex Okafor DE from Texas
    Dion Jordan DE Oregon
    Great players, they have played against great offensive linemen. But I'm going with Barrett Jones (OG) out of Alabama. He is smart, versatile, and he has played against huge interior linemen in the SEC. If the Giants draft at 32, he will be the best player available. He would make a great addition to an ailing offensive line.

+ Reply to Thread