+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 2013 Giants Mock Drafr Rounds 1-7

  1. #11
    Here is my 2013 Mock Draft for the NY Giants

    1. Barrett Jones, Offensive Guard, Alabama
    2. Ezekiel Anzah, DE, BYU
    3. Cornelius Washington, OLB, GA
    4. Alex Hurst, OT, LSU (If he drops this low)
    5. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    6. Dustin Harris, CB, A&M


    I'm still looking for somebody to fulfill my 7th rounder. While these players are not super stars, they are solid players who have played in solid leagues. I think that this will also have some sort of moneyball effect that will help Reese keep his veterans.

  2. #12
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    U forgot to put David Diehl on the players reese says peace out 2..lol Unless coughlin has his way, then he might just get started at LT all next yr.lol j/k.

    I think we could go many diffrent ways as of now.. In no order, Oline, S, DE, DT, TE all come to mind.. Its gonna come down to value i believe...

  3. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Here is my 2013 Mock Draft for the NY Giants

    1. Barrett Jones, Offensive Guard, Alabama
    2. Ezekiel Anzah, DE, BYU
    3. Cornelius Washington, OLB, GA
    4. Alex Hurst, OT, LSU (If he drops this low)
    5. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    6. Dustin Harris, CB, A&M


    I'm still looking for somebody to fulfill my 7th rounder. While these players are not super stars, they are solid players who have played in solid leagues. I think that this will also have some sort of moneyball effect that will help Reese keep his veterans.
    I was thinking all defensive players too but right now it looks like we also need some offensive weapons like a TE or a 3rd WR who is physical and has speed.
    Last edited by Cloud57; 11-12-2012 at 01:43 AM.

  4. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,597
    Don't know who yet, but immediate needs are O-line and ILB. How about 2 each in the first 4 rounds.

  5. #15
    It is a tougher call, but I also think you have to look at the players who are not free agents who will be let go. We have a few guys with paychecks who arent earning them.

    Guys who may be in jeopordy depending on the draft:
    Antrel Rolle - does some good things but is paid to do great things.
    Cris Canty - does not play enough to earn his enormous contract.
    Cweb - He is making pro bowl type money and has had a horrible season.

    These are the 3 highest paid players on defense. I do not think their play has justified their contracts.

    I really believe we will see more roster shakeups this offseason than we have in a while. Some long time true Giant players who contributed to 1 or both of our recent Superbowls are not going to be with the team next season.

  6. #16
    I think we will end up keeping CC and AR, because our alternatives to AR as of now are Tyler Sash, I dont know about you but im not too confident in TS's durability, leadership, or play making ability, we wil probably let go of KP as we have SB and WH as cheap, more effective backups.

    Back ups to CC are LJ, RB, MK, MA. Kuhn is old, raw, and currently injured, Austin is just injured, injured, injured, and injured, Bernard will probably retire at the end of the season as this is his 13th NFL season and LJ is a solid solid solid player. So realistically we only have CC and LJ with two raw, inexperienced backups.

    CWEB is having a bad year, hes solid, and if he's willing to restructure then yes we will keep him

    Don't forget that we will hopefully be getting TT back at 100% next season.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    I think we will end up keeping CC and AR, because our alternatives to AR as of now are Tyler Sash, I dont know about you but im not too confident in TS's durability, leadership, or play making ability, we wil probably let go of KP as we have SB and WH as cheap, more effective backups.

    Back ups to CC are LJ, RB, MK, MA. Kuhn is old, raw, and currently injured, Austin is just injured, injured, injured, and injured, Bernard will probably retire at the end of the season as this is his 13th NFL season and LJ is a solid solid solid player. So realistically we only have CC and LJ with two raw, inexperienced backups.

    CWEB is having a bad year, hes solid, and if he's willing to restructure then yes we will keep him

    Don't forget that we will hopefully be getting TT back at 100% next season.
    A few points. It is HIGHLY doubtfull TT comes back next year for a couple reasons:

    1) no player in NFL history has continued to play after 3 surgeries of that magnitude to the same knee.

    2) His contract was restructured so that this year was a test to see if he could stay healthy on his 2x surgically repaired knee. He earned about $1 mil. This offseason, prior to his knee being fully healed the Giants are due to pay him a $6 million bonus on top of his ~$2.5 mil salary. there is no way we are going to commit to pay him $8+ million befire we even see if he can play again in the NFL. The only way he stays with the team is if he is cut, then resigned for MUCH less.

    3) Assuming he comes back despite the above reasons, he will absolutely have lost speed and quickness. He will have no played football for 2 years and is unlikely to ever play Corner again. He MIGHT be a safety in the league, but that is a tough call to ask someone to change positions after 2 years away from the game.


    I also think it highly unlikely Sash would be Rolle's backup and not Brown or Hill. I am not advocating getting rid of him, I am just saying he has not earned his paycheck this year.

    CC is another story. His paycheck is WAY too high for his number of snaps played. He is playing less than 30 snaps a game, not even counting all the games he has missed. That is entirely too few snaps for $6.25 mil for the year.

  8. #18
    If we were to cut TT, and CC we would have to commit to our nascar package for a while because I don't really see any long term DT solutions in any of our current players and we need to address other needs in this years draft, if we don't take an O-lineman in the first 2 rounds this year I will see 2013's draft as a failure. we have great great weapons in DW and AB X 2 but we're not giving them any help on the front.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Here is my 2013 Mock Draft for the NY Giants

    1. Barrett Jones, Offensive Guard, Alabama
    2. Ezekiel Anzah, DE, BYU
    3. Cornelius Washington, OLB, GA
    4. Alex Hurst, OT, LSU (If he drops this low)
    5. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    6. Dustin Harris, CB, A&M


    I'm still looking for somebody to fulfill my 7th rounder. While these players are not super stars, they are solid players who have played in solid leagues. I think that this will also have some sort of moneyball effect that will help Reese keep his veterans.
    Noway will Ansah be around for our 2nd pick, the guys too big, too strong and too fast not to go much higher.....Infact, you heard here first, Ezekiel Ansah will be a top 15 pick

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    If we were to cut TT, and CC we would have to commit to our nascar package for a while because I don't really see any long term DT solutions in any of our current players and we need to address other needs in this years draft, if we don't take an O-lineman in the first 2 rounds this year I will see 2013's draft as a failure. we have great great weapons in DW and AB X 2 but we're not giving them any help on the front.
    We may not have to cut TT. I think he will have a hard time passing the physical. I do agree we need Oline this year, but only if a good 1 is available. We cant reach for it. Imho tho it is a big enough need to warrant a trade if necesary
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-24-2012 at 07:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts