+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can some of these players live with themselves?

Am I the only one who's ever thought that? Like is there something within them that says "I'm the best. No one is better than me at my position." Or, do they realize that they have been sucking lately and that there is a better player sitting on the bench?

I'm mainly talking about Diehl here. He obviously knows he's getting beat play after play. I wonder if he says to himself, "oh well, I'm getting paid and I know I won't be benched anyway." Or how about Rolle? I don't mind the **** talking, but at what point does he realize "I should probably tone it back some, considering that I'm not doing a good job lately?"

I just don't get it with some of these players. From rookies, sure, but from SB winning veterans?

Veteran
    When your job is secure it doesn't matter because at the end of the day you still get a paycheck. This doesn't apply to just football players

Millions in their pockets at the end of the day make it easier. Fans care a lot more then they do about winning and losing.

All-Pro
    Money.

We make sure they don't have to eat at Burger King or live in rent controlled apartments. It's just a job to them.

If you work on an assembly line in Detroit and you make a mistake all day long for just one day on installing seats and those mistakes result in a recall costing million, you're still coming back in the next day.

That may not be the best analogy but they all got a game check yesterday. Some of those checks would support a normal middle class family for years.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    When your job is secure it doesn't matter because at the end of the day you still get a paycheck. This doesn't apply to just football players
    this

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Millions in their pockets at the end of the day make it easier. Fans care a lot more then they do about winning and losing.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Money.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We make sure they don't have to eat at Burger King or live in rent controlled apartments...
    this

4 for 4 in responses !!!

bench 66, split more time between 44 and 35, re-invent the wheel: ergo Balance the O

shore up Perry Sheridan Lewis' leaky diaper D

aggghhh, and someone silly slap Eli

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Because in the end fans care MORE than the players do!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Because in the end fans care MORE than the players do!
    I'm not sure that's true but we are sure more emotional about it. We identify ourselves with the team and the only way to show that is through reacting to what happens on the field. We wear their "colors", we put license plates on our cars that are team related, we make man caves devoted to the team, etc. We invest a great deal into the team and we want, demand, a return on that investment.

Some days it's peanuts, some days it's shells.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure that's true but we are sure more emotional about it. We identify ourselves with the team and the only way to show that is through reacting to what happens on the field. We wear their "colors", we put license plates on our cars that are team related, we make man caves devoted to the team, etc. We invest a great deal into the team and we want, demand, a return on that investment.

Some days it's peanuts, some days it's shells.
    my goodness you really are one of the best posters on these nutty boards, no pun intended. Bottomline, we are the saps that get all wrapped up in our Team and take the L's possibly more to heart than the professionals do.

Maybe at surface value, we're crazy, but damn it all that's why we're called fan-atics. (no I am not ranting or trying to come off negative towards you RF, just writing my mind so to speak)
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    this

this

this

this

4 for 4 in responses !!!

bench 66, split more time between 44 and 35, re-invent the wheel: ergo Balance the O

shore up Perry Sheridan Lewis' leaky diaper D

aggghhh, and someone silly slap Eli
    Perry Sheridan....I'm dying over here!!!!!!!