+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOOTBALL = FUN

FOOTBALL = FUN

If you ask me, it seems this team has lacked a fundamental aspect of football for a long, long time. FUN. Fassel may have lost the team eventually, even Parcells was a hard-nose guy but at the end of the day the good teams seem to have fun out there. Why do you play football? I played because it was fun. Yea, the Giants like all teams seem to have fun at times, from an individual standpoint. But as a team they seem to not enjoy what they do. I don't know what it is. I gotta say coaching. Fewells "schemes" suck. KG's predictability is a huge issue (although people say his offense is complex) and they lack zero creativity. No mis-directions, end-to-rounds-flea-flickers etc. Nothing that we did as kids to make the game fun. Zero suprise factor on offense. This team looks like they are going throughthe motions and I for one am not having fun watching this. We need a coach who can relate to his guys and inspire them to run through walls. Yea TC is an X,O's guy, NOT a player friendly coach. We need a Tomlin,Harbaugh type guy. Please, make football fun again.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Re: FOOTBALL = FUN

Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well

I hear what your saying but considering how rich these guys are football should be pleanty fun.

But i agree and the reason we collapse every year is that TC's message gets old at about week 8. The players get sick of him and stop playing. That's my best guess.

I know that when you get to this part of the year it becomes a serious grind for any team. I thin Coughlins drill sergent BS makes it even worse. Couple that with defensive schemes no one believes in and you get the Redskins whipping our *** even with the division on the line in our own building.

I love Cough for the SB and everything but he has to go.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

[quote user="gfanblue"]Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well[/quote]

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.

[quote user="NYSPORTS"][quote user="gfanblue"]Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well[/quote]

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.[/quote]All I meant was we need a coach who is lively. Practice is practice. I see guys like the harbaugh bros, tomlin and even rex hi-fivin and huggin guys on the sideline. Yea, football is not fun (ha-ha fun) but you shouldnt be bored with your coach at wk8.

I agree whole heartedly. The problem isnít that TC is a bad coach; the problem is he has lost respect from his players, and Iím not just talking this year. Every season since he has been coach Ė the SB, we have had late season collapses; you can blame it on injuries if you want but how about the packers?
    With out the respect of your players a coach is nothing.

Exactly. Even in 07 we werent an offensive juggernaut. Our d was inspired by spags. Hes gone d goes down the crapper. No inspiration.

I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up

that being said.....

these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games

thats it

Banned

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I agree with everything you said. You basically said the words I've been searching for. Great points.

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up that being said..... these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games thats it[/quote]And if the playersdo not execute and win games, who is responsible for taking action?