+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Why is this happening?

....I really have no idea.
    There are a lot of "Eli is to blame" threads. A lot of "Diehl is to blame threads". A lot of "fire Fewell, KG, TC" threads.
    The reallity is that no one can say why we are playing so poorly. And this didn't start last week. This started against Washington and continued through Dallas. They just kept shooting themselves in the foot and we lucked ourselves into a couple of wins.
    The interesting thing here is that we can't blame injuries. this may be the healthiest we've been since 2000.
    Yes Eli is horrible right now. But is he any worse than anyone else? Not really. The offense is somewhat worse than the defense, but every phase of the game stinks for us.

Ultimately we have to ask if the core players we've had need to be assessed. Can Webby cover anymore? Can Tuck really play at the level we need him to? And we all know Osi is gone.
    So my question is..Do we look to do some patchwork or is our team in this last 4 weeks showing that wholesale changes are needed?

I honestly don't know.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

This BYE came at the right time...recharge, regroup and refocus.

aka

Time to remove heads from *** es and play some football.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned
    this is either planned or a complete lack of focus and preparation. Long season, we will go 6-6 and then we must get hot.

I'm ready for 6-6 even if we get blown out by the pack and skins. I'm mentally preparing and I suggest you all do the same.

Banned
    6-6 and then BOOM. win 3/4 win the division and take this show to the NFC North. HERE WE GO GIANTS, I understand your crazy plans now TC!!!

LOL remember some years ago, everyone here wanted Spagnuolo to beat the **** outta Gilbride ?

I wonder if Fewell's beginning to harbor some violent thoughts?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    LOL remember some years ago, everyone here wanted Spagnuolo to beat the **** outta Gilbride ?

Perry looks like he can probably throw one. That shot aint going to slide off the cheekbone like that Buddy Ryan haymaker. PF is all about the deception and the sneaky pick, look for him to feint the jab and come across with the hard right cross when Gilbride tries to pull that quick dodge like he did before.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post

why?....the defense sucks too.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    ....I really have no idea.
    There are a lot of "Eli is to blame" threads. A lot of "Diehl is to blame threads". A lot of "fire Fewell, KG, TC" threads.
    The reallity is that no one can say why we are playing so poorly. And this didn't start last week. This started against Washington and continued through Dallas. They just kept shooting themselves in the foot and we lucked ourselves into a couple of wins.
    The interesting thing here is that we can't blame injuries. this may be the healthiest we've been since 2000.
    Yes Eli is horrible right now. But is he any worse than anyone else? Not really. The offense is somewhat worse than the defense, but every phase of the game stinks for us.

Ultimately we have to ask if the core players we've had need to be assessed. Can Webby cover anymore? Can Tuck really play at the level we need him to? And we all know Osi is gone.
    So my question is..Do we look to do some patchwork or is our team in this last 4 weeks showing that wholesale changes are needed?

I honestly don't know.
    Eli: He's been off but not amazingly so. We got used to him being so magical that anything less than that looks horrendous by comparison.

CWeb: Having a really bad year. We've seen this up and down from him before. I can't say whether this is the end for him or not but my feeling is that the coaching staff (and some of the players) will challenge him and he'll respond. Hopefully that happens before the year is up.

Oline: In general I think we all realize that the current oline is one in flux. Locklear isn't a long term option, DD is done, Boothe is great value but not a blue chipper and most aren't sold on Beatty still and he's probably been our best this year. Baas is marginally better than last year but not by a lot (certainly not for what we're paying him).

Dline: Osi is done (I think we can all agree on that), Tuck is done (my personal opinion) ... his heart just isn't in it anymore, Kiwi needs to be moved back to the dline and hopefully Marvin Austin can come into the 2013 season in game shape (otherwise I think he'll end up being a bust).

LBers: No matter how important dline and secondary might be to a defense, I think we're all seeing why LBers are still a necessary evil ... not all teams have gunslinger QBs and our run defense (especially the middle) is SOFT.

I'm still not crazy about Fewell's schemes but I won't add to the "fire so and so" threads.

I do wish we'd go dink and dunk a bit more .... we seem to either throw/run very short or attempt fairly long. Considering our personnel, we should be eating up the middle of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Eli: He's been off but not amazingly so. We got used to him being so magical that anything less than that looks horrendous by comparison.CWeb: Having a really bad year. We've seen this up and down from him before. I can't say whether this is the end for him or not but my feeling is that the coaching staff (and some of the players) will challenge him and he'll respond. Hopefully that happens before the year is up.Oline: In general I think we all realize that the current oline is one in flux. Locklear isn't a long term option, DD is done, Boothe is great value but not a blue chipper and most aren't sold on Beatty still and he's probably been our best this year. Baas is marginally better than last year but not by a lot (certainly not for what we're paying him).Dline: Osi is done (I think we can all agree on that), Tuck is done (my personal opinion) ... his heart just isn't in it anymore, Kiwi needs to be moved back to the dline and hopefully Marvin Austin can come into the 2013 season in game shape (otherwise I think he'll end up being a bust). LBers: No matter how important dline and secondary might be to a defense, I think we're all seeing why LBers are still a necessary evil ... not all teams have gunslinger QBs and our run defense (especially the middle) is SOFT.I'm still not crazy about Fewell's schemes but I won't add to the "fire so and so" threads.I do wish we'd go dink and dunk a bit more .... we seem to either throw/run very short or attempt fairly long. Considering our personnel, we should be eating up the middle of the field.
    I said the very same thing (your last paragraph) Eli needs to stop holding on too the ball waiting for guys to grt open to try and make a 40 yard play. Get the quick 10 yards.