+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Paying Osi

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130

    Paying Osi

    that extra cash and dealing him to Baltimore for the 2nd and 3rd has turned out to be a miserable decision. We could have used that money to resign BJ and MM and avoided Osi’s attitude rubbing off on the younger players. We also could have used those picks. If we are not in contention toward the end of the season, expect Osi to have a nagging injury and sit out. I would not be surprised if Tuck and JPP follow suit.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    avoided Osi’s attitude rubbing off on the younger players. We also could have used those picks. If we are not in contention toward the end of the season, expect Osi to have a nagging injury and sit out. I would not be surprised if Tuck and JPP follow suit.
    I just don't understand people that think like this.
    Out of all the problems that has manifested with this team, Osi's attitude rubbing off on players is the one that you chose to highlight as the sole problem.
    OY VEY

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  3. #3
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,341
    i don't think we were ever offered a 2nd and 3rd for him.

    i'm certain it was just a 3rd.

    and i would have taken it, not based on this play now, i just haven't been a fan of his for the last 2-3 years.

    i think he'd benefit from being in a different city, and i think our locker room would benefit from him not being here.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i don't think we were ever offered a 2nd and 3rd for him.

    i'm certain it was just a 3rd.

    and i would have taken it, not based on this play now, i just haven't been a fan of his for the last 2-3 years.

    i think he'd benefit from being in a different city, and i think our locker room would benefit from him not being here.
    Please explain how Osi is a detriment to our locker room.

    I also find it hard to believe anyone did not like Osi for 2-3 years especially with the production he has had in those said years.

    I am not trying to challenge you, just merely wanting to understand your views on the matter.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  5. #5
    Veteran nycisgreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I just don't understand people that think like this.
    Out of all the problems that has manifested with this team, Osi's attitude rubbing off on players is the one that you chose to highlight as the sole problem.
    OY VEY
    I was saying the same thing. Osi is the last person I want to talk about. DD is the worst player on the Giants, and he is starting.He is the only person we need talk about. People talking about Osi and Blackburn playing badly need a reality check. The entire team is playing bad, but DD exceeds at being terrible. lol
    Last edited by nycisgreat; 11-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,205
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i don't think we were ever offered a 2nd and 3rd for him.

    i'm certain it was just a 3rd.

    and i would have taken it, not based on this play now, i just haven't been a fan of his for the last 2-3 years.

    i think he'd benefit from being in a different city, and i think our locker room would benefit from him not being here.

    We would sure benefit from him playing in another city
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Please explain how Osi is a detriment to our locker room.

    I also find it hard to believe anyone did not like Osi for 2-3 years especially with the production he has had in those said years.

    I am not trying to challenge you, just merely wanting to understand your views on the matter.
    +1 osi helped us win the superbowl last year. he didnt play lights out but he made key plays and helped us close out some games. Im happy we paid him but i think after this season he may be done

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I was saying the same thing. Osi is the last person I want to talk about. DD is the worst player on the Giants, and he is starting.He is the only person we need talk about. People talking about Osi and Blackburn playing badly need a reality check. The entire team is playing bad, but DD exceeds at being terrible. lol
    I think back to the year of Sheridan. The defense as a whole was terrible that year; Fans thought the drop off in production from Spagnolou leaving was going to be minimal, because he gave the blue print to Sheridan. It was suppose to be a maintenance gig instead of a disaster, boy were we wrong.
    The D-line did nothing, the LB's did nothing, the Corners and Safties did everything to give points to the opposing offenses. Miraculously the next year under new management that same defense who didn't change much personnel wise besides the new DC, went from what 20th if I remember correctly under Sheridan to either 7th or 6th under Fewell.

    I think everyone is looking for an excuse and when there aren't any to find, pointing fingers is the next viable option. I would understand and agree, if Tuck and JPP and whoever else on the DE rotation excluding Osi were having good - great production, but that is just not the case right now. JPP was absent yesterday, Tuck has been absent on and off for some games now more off than on, as well as Osi. I would like to think that its more than just the DE's, Just some factors that can affect a pass rush.

    1. Break down in coverage either by safties, LB's, or Corners.
    2. Quick passes
    3. Jumbo sets designed to double and neutralize opposing threat.
    4. Defensive scheme anyone?!?
    5. Offensive holding that's not being called. " we have beat this horse to hell, haven't we."
    etc.

    I am not going to make this a protect Osi thread. I believe they are all accomplices in the nonsense we have witnessed as of late. Just don't get the need to single out anyone when it issue is bigger than that.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 11-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    +1 osi helped us win the superbowl last year. he didnt play lights out but he made key plays and helped us close out some games. Im happy we paid him but i think after this season he may be done
    Fair assessment, I think so too. Unless he asks to stay at a cap/organization friendly offer; I doubt unless things change his production/age this year would garner a big contract anywhere.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    783
    check osi's stats check tuck's stats. Yet osi gets all the hate .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts