+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli Manning "Not Worried" About Struggling Giants

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/12/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is in a slump. He may not want to call it that, Tom Coughlin may not want to call it that, and his teammates may not want to call it that, but when it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and throws like a duck … it's a slump. Still, Big Blue's fearless leader claims he's not worried about his struggles or the teams' struggles in recent weeks … even after a 31-13 beatdown at the hands of the lowly Cincinnati Bengals.

"I’m not worried. Every year we have gone through stretches where we didn’t play our best football and we were still able to bounce back. That’s what is going on right now," Manning said. "I have to start playing better personally and we need to as a group as well. We still have good players and a good scheme. We just have to put it together better."

Statistically, this is one of the worst stretches of Manning's career. In fact, there are any number of statistics that can be pointed out that not only back up that statement, but back up the Giants' overall futility in recent weeks. Moreover, it's doing little to shed the stigma of them being a very bad team in both November and the second half of the NFL season under head coachTom Coughlin." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

THANKS!!

true but do you really expect him to say that they're panicking?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    I not only don't expect him to say it, I don't expect him to be. He just needs to stay calm and figure out what's going on. Worrying never solves problems
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I not only don't expect him to say it, I don't expect him to be. He just needs to stay calm and figure out what's going on. Worrying never solves problems
    well said

well said
    We need everyone in that locker room, coaches included, to self reflect

Do you really think that they're panicking?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Do you really think that they're panicking?
    The only time they will panic is when their paychecks do not clear.

All-Pro
    He never seems to panic which makes him a great fit for this team, but its so what anyone would say. Not worried? I don't know. Yesterday was pretty pathetic and also probably the easiest opponent they will face the rest of the way not that the Bengals are a bad team. They do have this happen every year, but it has not worked more than it has. I know they can't win it every year, and the two Super Bowls they won where great, but we also can't expect every year to be 2007 or last.

I'm not worried either......but I am plenty pissed off about it!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin