+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tom Coughlin: Ahmad Bradshaw Undergoes Battery Of Tests

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-coughlin-says

Excerpt: "NY Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw will undergo a battery of tests as the team conducts medical examinations over the next two days before taking a break during their bye week.

Bradshaw said he underwent X-rays on Sunday but would not divulge on which area, other than to say it was not on his surgically repaired feet.

Bradshaw also suffered injuries to his hand and neck earlier this season.

"He'll probably have every test known to man here in the next couple of days," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. "We have a big medical day with our players. Today and tomorrow, they will be visiting the hospital and getting MRIs and whatever.
    "

The whole goal right now would be to rest and have people healthy so that we can come back and be prepared to practice fully next week."
    Bradshaw has been held to one practice per week as he manages pain in his foot, a routine he has followed in past seasons as well."We've been down this road with Bradshaw many, many times," Coughlin said.

"But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Yet this guy continues to insist to play on Sunday's. I love Bradshaw, he is a warrior, but he is hurting the team playing hurt. Brown has shown a great ability to run the ball, catch the ball, and pass protect Eli. It's time for Bradshaw to sit. TC should also stop this guy from hurting the team any further... how you let this guy play when he is getting x-rays is beyond me. I swear if this doesn't change our run game is never going to get any better. Why put all this pressure on Eli give him some damn help.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-12-2012 at 04:13 PM.

"We've been down this road with Bradshaw many, many times," Coughlin said.

"But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward." Read more...
    Well, there you have it, folks.

Good luck with that.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Yet this guy continues to insist to play on Sunday's. I love Bradshaw, he is a warrior, but he is hurting the team playing hurt. Brown has shown a great ability to run the ball, catch the ball, and pass protect Eli. It's time for Bradshaw to sit. TC should also stop this guy from hurting the team any further... how you let this guy play when he is getting x-rays is beyond me.
    Feel the same. My fav player, but enough is enough. Rest the guy 2 or 3 weeks, and when he comes back play him a little more sparingly. Let Brown get touches.

I don't understand. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Feel the same. My fav player, but enough is enough. Rest the guy 2 or 3 weeks, and when he comes back play him a little more sparingly. Let Brown get touches.

I don't understand. I don't understand.
    It's getting to become ridiculous...really.

I get the idea that TC is feeling the heat, yet is squirming to find a way out of starting Bradshaw that doesn't involve admitting he was wrong. He's starting to feel more and more like Old Man Potter as the season wears on...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sport...178910791.html

BAD: Teams are daring the Giants to run the ball and the Giants keep failing to do it at the crucial points in the game. Ahmad Bradshaw's tough guy credentials can't be questioned, but you have to wonder if he's hurting the team by not allowing himself to heal up and he's now lost three fumbles this season on top of his middling results running the ball.

UGLY: Something else Coughlin needs to answer is why he thought returning David Diehl to the starting lineup made any sense at all. Diehl was a turnstile on Sunday, just as he was against the Steelers, and the Giants line has fallen apart since he replaced Sean Locklear at right tackle.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Is Diehl being treated for the tire marks left by Cincy running him over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I get the idea that TC is feeling the heat, yet is squirming to find a way out of starting Bradshaw that doesn't involve admitting he was wrong. He's starting to feel more and more like Old Man Potter as the season wears on...
    This could all be very simply handled.....Coughlin could just state:

"Ahmad Bradshaw is a tremendous competitor, but we need to shut him down for a while, because we need him to be 100%....right now, all this work isn't doing him any favors. We need Andre Brown and David Wilson to step up while Bradshaw rests up."

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Is Diehl being treated for the tire marks left by Cincy running him over ?
    Haha