+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

why are the Giants collapsing?

I've read all of the threads but I still can't figure out what the Giants problem is. Can somebody tell me point blank what the Giantd main problem is?
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

The team is just in a big slump. It is mostly mental from what I've been seeing. We should have lost to Dallas and should have beat Pittsburgh. The Cincy loss was just a complete breakdown. Way too many mistakes let and opportunistic team capitalize off of them.

Some things I noticed these past few weeks. Deihl should get demoted and utilized in other ways. I know what he has done for this franchise, but he is a liability. Locklear has showed that he is a capable starter. Coughlin needs to swallow that pride and let the better player start.

Secondary lapses is one of the most infuriating things I've seen involving this team. Hosley leaving his feet instead of just securing the tackle. Stevie Brown/C.Webb miss calculating costing a huge AJ Green score. Mike Wallace burning the entire team for a game changing score. For those who thought Kenny Phillips isn't missed, are sadly mistaking.

The D-line is inconsistent and the linebacker play is mediocre for some reason. I've noticed many teams running right up the gut or doing simple short passes to open things up. Change up the scheme because it looks like teams know exactly how to attack attack the defense.

I have absolutely no understanding on what has happened to the special teams coverage as of late for it has been terrible. The last few games, poor ST play has been very costly.

Bye week coming up is definitely needed because I think this team needs a little break to get that itch to win back.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    The team is just in a big slump. It is mostly mental from what I've been seeing. We should have lost to Dallas and should have beat Pittsburgh. The Cincy loss was just a complete breakdown. Way too many mistakes let and opportunistic team capitalize off of them.

Some things I noticed these past few weeks. Deihl should get demoted and utilized in other ways. I know what he has done for this franchise, but he is a liability. Locklear has showed that he is a capable starter. Coughlin needs to swallow that pride and let the better player start.

Secondary lapses is one of the most infuriating things I've seen involving this team. Hosley leaving his feet instead of just securing the tackle. Stevie Brown/C.Webb miss calculating costing a huge AJ Green score. Mike Wallace burning the entire team for a game changing score. For those who thought Kenny Phillips isn't missed, are sadly mistaking.

The D-line is inconsistent and the linebacker play is mediocre for some reason. I've noticed many teams running right up the gut or doing simple short passes to open things up. Change up the scheme because it looks like teams know exactly how to attack attack the defense.

I have absolutely no understanding on what has happened to the special teams coverage as of late for it has been terrible. The last few games, poor ST play has been very costly.

Bye week coming up is definitely needed because I think this team needs a little break to get that itch to win back.
    Yup!!! They look tired and without spirit. They need some time to get their game together. They just look gassed.

Phillips is solid, I agree, but they had plenty of breakdowns with him in the secondary as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post

I agree. Most of this slump is mental. But a lot of it is coaching too obviously. The players aren't the only reason the team is sucking.

I sometimes wonder how the decision to start a player who is obviously unfit at his position while we have a more than competent guy sitting on the bench, is affecting the players psyche. We've got two situations like this right now. If we the fans can figure out that it is an awful idea, then how do you think the players are feeling? Maybe they don't want try as hard or put in as much effort if they feel the odds being are pushed against them. Who knows. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Because it is the second half of the season.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Quote Originally Posted by NJBLUE View Post
    I've read all of the threads but I still can't figure out what the Giants problem is. Can somebody tell me point blank what the Giantd main problem is?
    Well....when you figure it out, let TC know.

We go through it every November and TC admitted last year that he doesn't know why it happens.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

It's just what they do. No-one can explain it.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Well....when you figure it out, let TC know.

We go through it every November and TC admitted last year that he doesn't know why it happens.
    well I don't know about anyone else but that **** has worn me out...its been going on for years and with different groups of players....must be some sort of virus

All-Pro
    Maybe their luck ran out. They very well could be 4-6 right now. So maybe they aren't that good. Almost every single player on this team has played to a lesser level Han they did last year. Go through the players and tell me who is playing as good as they did last year. Maybe the guy so many bash, Blackburn. Add JPP and Joseph to that short list. Maybe Beatty too.