+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: In Defense of Diehl

  1. #41
    The chain breaks from the weak link, regardless if the pressure is directly on that link.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

    --80--

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    STOP BEING A HOMER....

    I used to be a homer for Jason Sehorn... I would make excuse after excuse as to why he wasn't playing like he did pre-injury.

    The guy had the type of potential at the position that made you drool. He could hit, tackle, run and get the ball at it's highest point.... and he had hands like a wide receiver. For the first 3 years of his career I don't think I ever saw him get beat on a fade. I'm sure a lot of you remember the 1997 playoffs when he skied in the air in front of Cris Carter... I have never seen a human being attack a ball like that EVER.

    BUT, this is apples to oranges because Diehl NEVER WAS THAT TALENTED. If We had to compare the talent difference I would say it's more like Delvin Joyce compared to Joe Morris.

    LET IT GO. HE ISN'T GOOD. He was always a hardnosed, outwork you type of player. He has physically declined and judging by his current weight and the sheer look at his lack of tightness... he isn't keeping his body the way he should to play professional football. The guy is a joke out there.

    DAVID DIEHL IS PASSED HIS PRIME. We had no problem letting go of Shaun O'hara and Kareem McKenzie despite what they did for us. Why should Diehl get a pass?
    All the OP said was that he didn't play that bad on Sunday. I don't think he's trying to vote him in to Canton.

  3. #43
    Veteran ryan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    RUDYY IS THE MIKE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I saw him getting pushed back into the QB. No he didn't give up a sack hat play but it forced the throw. I still think you are going him way to much credit.
    that was snee ***** ***
    FUTURE NFL STAR



    2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

  4. #44
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,083
    Lol. Yeah because there was only one play like that during the game.

  5. #45
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Saying that he didn't play that bad would be like saying vomit doesn't taste that bad in your mouth. Still think I over-reacted?

  6. #46
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,300
    I have been kind of saying the same thing. he gets beat but most OLs do. DD has been a great Giant and teammate and does not deserve the BS he gets from many of the fans. You can say his playing is not up to par without calling him , garbage, sucks, embarassment, etc.
    Besides he is only part of the puzzle that needs to be fixed.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #47
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I have been kind of saying the same thing. he gets beat but most OLs do. DD has been a great Giant and teammate and does not deserve the BS he gets from many of the fans. You can say his playing is not up to par without calling him , garbage, sucks, embarassment, etc.
    Besides he is only part of the puzzle that needs to be fixed.
    The problem GT is that the offense was meshing to a degree of servicibility... we might have been getting field goals but we were getting a lot of them... we have so many 3 and outs now that it's uncanny... which ultimately tired out the defense... our defense is not fresh and our offense is on the field no more than 7 plays at a whack... look at our TOP it's absolutely dreadful.

  8. #48
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    Saying that he didn't play that bad would be like saying vomit doesn't taste that bad in your mouth. Still think I over-reacted?
    It depends on what you had for dinner.
    Get well soon 80.

  9. #49
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    The problem GT is that the offense was meshing to a degree of servicibility... we might have been getting field goals but we were getting a lot of them... we have so many 3 and outs now that it's uncanny... which ultimately tired out the defense... our defense is not fresh and our offense is on the field no more than 7 plays at a whack... look at our TOP it's absolutely dreadful.
    I am not saying to play DD at all. I am just saying even though the guy is declining he deserves respect. Say he is done or finished or no up to the task. thats all. I have said in other threads I think he shoud be a back up and not start. BUt I will never disrespct the man.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am not saying to play DD at all. I am just saying even though the guy is declining he deserves respect. Say he is done or finished or no up to the task. thats all. I have said in other threads I think he shoud be a back up and not start. BUt I will never disrespct the man.
    You can't teach people class GT. They either have it or they don't.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts