+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: In Defense of Diehl

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    You can't teach people class GT. They either have it or they don't.
    True....but I will stick up for the guy when ever I can......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Let me get this straight. David Diehl has played two straight games and allowed a sack in both...BUT we're not supposed to rip him to shreds. OKAY!

He's the worst O-lineman in football.

I'd take ****ing Guy Whimper over David Diehl.

Edit: I am responding to the OP, for the record.
    Last edited by PBTimmons; 11-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Let me get this straight. David Diehl has played two straight games and allowed a sack in both...BUT we're not supposed to rip him to shreds. OKAY!

He's the worst O-lineman in football.

I'd take ****ing Guy Whimper over David Diehl.
    no....you can do what ever you want. Why does he have to be ripped to shreds?? The guys is playing bad......nuff said.
    I just think he deserves respect even when speaking ill of his performance. Thats just me though.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    no....you can do what ever you want. Why does he have to be ripped to shreds?? The guys is playing bad......nuff said.
    I just think he deserves respect even when speaking ill of his performance. Thats just me though.....
    agreed - i dont think its only DD though.. i think any player has a bad performance and some here will take liberty with questioning their character, their mental state and overall quality as a human being because of their on-field play.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

I certainly don't think Diehl is a bad guy...and he's an adequate backup who's being paid like an all pro. David Diehl is playing bad.

Ruettiger - admittedly, I think Snee and Boothe had terrible games as well. Beatty seemed alright and Baas was adequate as well.

Why didn't the coaches max protect after all that pressure in Eli's face?
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    A sack a game is too much... that's like saying...

'He only had 2 drops'

depending on when those happen its crucial...

For instance in the Pittsburgh game when it was 'Eli Time' (the 4th quarter down a score and driving)

He got beat so bad that Eli couldn't even hit the 5th step of his drop before being sacked.
    Then we never saw the ball again.

It isn't so much that, he's only giving up 1 sack or only allowing 2-3 pressures...

It's the fact that when other teams need it, they overload his side and there seems to be almost instant pressure... It isn't just that he gets beat, it is that he gets beat BADLY. A lot of times he doesn't even slow the guy down. He's making mental errors.. for instance one play against Pitt Eli checked Pressure to the weakside and slid Bennet over. Which was the right call... Diehl double-teamed the DT and let the end in untouched and Eli had to rifle a ball at a receivers feet. That type of play is ridiculous for a tackle playing longer than 3-4 seasons not to notice that his outside help was motioned and he's sealing the edge.

Locklear moves better than Diehl and is stronger than Diehl... Diehl used to have a chest and arms... if you look at him he looks saggy with man titties... he obviously hasn't kept himself in the kind of shape he needs to be in to play tackle... lefr or right... hell not even guard or center. He was never a stud, he's a lunchpail guy that is on the decline... He isn't Jonathon Ogden or Orlando Pace who has bad knees but is otherwise doing ok...

Not to mention we aren't taking into account that Eli is one of the BEST at getting the ball out and not taking a sack... Numerous times he's about to get rocked and takes a shot throwing...

That's all good, but the pressure that led to two picks and a sack this past game came from Boothe's man.

I certainly don't think Diehl is a bad guy...and he's an adequate backup who's being paid like an all pro. David Diehl is playing bad.

Ruettiger - admittedly, I think Snee and Boothe had terrible games as well. Beatty seemed alright and Baas was adequate as well.

Why didn't the coaches max protect after all that pressure in Eli's face?
    Its crazy.....the oline is just getting pusshed around the few weeks. Not terribly but at in opportune times....
    The offensive gameplan has to change.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I just watched 56 minutes of the last game isolated on #66 and I have to say that all you guys blaming him need to slow down on the Budweiser's and pay the-**** attention during the games.

Diehl got beat once during the game and on another play his man blew past him wide and circled in in to get Eli. So in total you have just two plays to rag on Diehl. Two ****ing plays after that debacle is nothing.

The truth is, every pressure when Eli threw his picks or fumbled came from the left. More specifically it came from Kevin Boothe's man.

So all you divas ragging on Diehl owe him a big apology cause you obviously don't know jack.

Other than that, have a nice night.
    Horrible commentary....BOTTOM LINE - DD must be removed or the giants fans need their money back....The guy is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.

I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed.

Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem?

So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.
    Interesting. That, I did not notice. But taking you at your word, then once we moved our back/s to help Diehl, we had trouble on the left side, and it wasn't a question of being out manned. So obviously DD is not our only problem up front.

In general our lines on both sides got beat bad by the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    PFF now agrees with you
    Please let them know that I'm in high demand.

+ Reply to Thread