+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: In Defense of Diehl

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    OP is ignoring the fact that Diehl was bad in 2010, was terrible last season, and is worse then Locklear in every way. This is just a cumulative response. I see no reason that Locklear isnt on the field
    I don't disagree with any of that, and I didn't go in to re-watch the game to prove this point. It's just something I started to take notice of and then just went through the whole game until we were down 31-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    All the OP said was that he didn't play that bad on Sunday. I don't think he's trying to vote him in to Canton.
    Exactly. From reading this board you would have thought the guy had a miserable game. That simply was not true.

And I'm not defending him for any other games either.

He wasn't a good RT before he was replaced by KMac and I voice my concern of that during the pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Let me get this straight. David Diehl has played two straight games and allowed a sack in both...BUT we're not supposed to rip him to shreds. OKAY!

He's the worst O-lineman in football.

I'd take ****ing Guy Whimper over David Diehl.

Edit: I am responding to the OP, for the record.
    No offense but it's guys like you which prompted me to take notice of Diehl's game and make this post.

Eli threw two interceptions off of Boothe getting beat, and was sacked another time from Boothe's man and you're freaked out by Diehl's 2 sacks?

That's strange man.

Ive been trying to say this for a while but Diehl has some bad juju with him right now. Its affecting everyone. I don't know what happened, but my guess is an evil curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I just watched 56 minutes of the last game isolated on #66 and I have to say that all you guys blaming him need to slow down on the Budweiser's and pay the-**** attention during the games.

Diehl got beat once during the game and on another play his man blew past him wide and circled in in to get Eli. So in total you have just two plays to rag on Diehl. Two ****ing plays after that debacle is nothing.

The truth is, every pressure when Eli threw his picks or fumbled came from the left. More specifically it came from Kevin Boothe's man.

So all you divas ragging on Diehl owe him a big apology cause you obviously don't know jack.

Other than that, have a nice night.
    DD is done. Defend him all you want. He has been terrible for 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    DD is done. Defend him all you want. He has been terrible for 2 seasons.
    OK take it easy. He was our LT during our SB run. Once he moved there our running game improved and our protection improved as well.
    I know the "stats" show something else but he played well at LT when called upon last season.
    This year is a new season and he has struggled.
    But as usual, he's not as bad as all the hysterics here would suggest.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK take it easy. He was our LT during our SB run. Once he moved there our running game improved and our protection improved as well.
    I know the "stats" show something else but he played well at LT when called upon last season.
    This year is a new season and he has struggled.
    But as usual, he's not as bad as all the hysterics here would suggest.
    DD was terrible last season, and he is terrible this season. He constantly gets pushed back on the line of srimage or let guys simply run right around him (I am not saying that it happens on purpose) . Go and look at the Steelers game. DD doesn't do a good job of create holes on his side. I am tired of looking at Bradshaw running directly into has back when trying to find a hole. I don't remember the last time I saw him create a hole so wide open that it was noticeable. Locklear snaps to sack ration is far greater than DD. I appreciate all the success he had with the Giants, but at some point in life the body isn't able keep up with the mind. Physically DD isn't performing well. His intentions are good, but his play is bad.

New York Giants Total yds Yds/Attempt
    2012 (Rk#13) 1,114 4.4
    2011 (Rk#32) 1,427 3.5
    2010 (Rl#6) 2,200 4.6
    2009 (Rk#17) 1,837 4.1
    2008 (Rk#1) 2,518 5.0
    2007 (Rk#4) 2,148 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    DD was terrible last season, and he is terrible this season. He constantly gets pushed back on the line of srimage or let guys simply run right around him (I am not saying that it happens on purpose) . Go and look at the Steelers game. DD doesn't do a good job of create holes on his side. I am tired of looking at Bradshaw running directly into has back when trying to find a hole. I don't remember the last time I saw him create a hole so wide open that it was noticeable. Locklear snaps to sack ration is far greater than DD. I appreciate all the success he had with the Giants, but at some point in life the body isn't able keep up with the mind. Physically DD isn't performing well. His intentions are good, but his play is bad.

New York Giants Total yds Yds/Attempt
    2012 (Rk#13) 1,114 4.4
    2011 (Rk#32) 1,427 3.5
    2010 (Rl#6) 2,200 4.6
    2009 (Rk#17) 1,837 4.1
    2008 (Rk#1) 2,518 5.0
    2007 (Rk#4) 2,148 4.6
    As I said, he's struggled this season. RT is definitely not his position. But he's not as bad as everyone is saying. As for last season, his performance was definitely underrated. The entire O line performed better with DD at LT. The entire line. And as you know, no unit needs to work together more than the O line.
    Thats all I'm saying. This demonization of DD is over the top.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

As previously stated, this thread wasn't meant to say he is playing great ball, just that he didn't play as poorly last week as so many on here would lead one to believe.

Now with that said, the guy just came back from a sprained MCL so let's keep things in perspective. He also has been a trooper for us and has won 2 SB's so maybe he deserves a little respect as some others have stated.

Again, Boothe was responsible for the pressure on both picks and one sack and no one but me has talked about that.

Perspective is a commodity in short supply around these parts at the best of times and even more so after a 2-game slide.

+ Reply to Thread