+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Deihl plays more bad games than good anymore.. End of story, its that simple.

Veteran
    Besides to me it looked like eli looked more comfortable in the pocket before deihl came back into the line up... but to be fair that may just be me being biased.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    Besides to me it looked like eli looked more comfortable in the pocket before deihl came back into the line up... but to be fair that may just be me being biased.
    I agree that Eli's confidence has clearly taken a hit. He is worried about Diehl on every play. And for the record, Diehl gave up 1 sack and 3 pressures. Granted Boothe had a worse game, but 1 sack and 3 pressures is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games, Diehl has given up 5 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL and I wouldn't be surprised if Eli is the next QB to be concussed.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 11-13-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Cool. DD still sucks.
    LOL Rudy.

Bench Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    damn you need to post more.
    I use to years ago... I'll try again. Just demoralizing when half the time I post the thread doesn't even get a response and only a few views.

It just feels the pocket collapses quicker with diehl in and the whole line seems to regress as a collective unit.

I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.

I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed.

Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem?

So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.

The fact remains that if you watch he had a ton of help over there, Bennett lined up a lot and the backs chipped to his side, I think you might want to watch that again.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed. Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem? So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.
    Wow. I don't have the game recorded to watch but it that's true that is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I agree that Eli's confidence has clearly taken a hit. He is worried about Diehl on every play. And for the record, Diehl gave up 1 sack and 3 pressures. Granted Boothe had a worse game, but 1 sack and 3 pressures is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games, Diehl has given up 5 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL and I wouldn't be surprised if Eli is the next QB to be concussed.
    OP is ignoring the fact that Diehl was bad in 2010, was terrible last season, and is worse then Locklear in every way. This is just a cumulative response. I see no reason that Locklear isnt on the field