+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: In Defense of Diehl

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.

I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed.

Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem?

So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.
    OMG this... It must be DD's run blocking that saved his grade. We sure didn't have a problem running the ball. Bradshaw had 5.7 YPC on the game, Brown had 6.0 before his 29 yarder, 9.7 with it. The only problem with our running game is that we didn't run it more on the Bengals.

But to say that he's "better" because he has Bradshaw and Bennett chipping for him all day long is just plain BS.

DD had been a great Giant for many years, but like i've been saying for a while now, he belongs in our Ring of Honor, not our Offensive Line...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    As I said, he's struggled this season. RT is definitely not his position. But he's not as bad as everyone is saying. As for last season, his performance was definitely underrated. The entire O line performed better with DD at LT. The entire line. And as you know, no unit needs to work together more than the O line.
    Thats all I'm saying. This demonization of DD is over the top.
    Lol, I don't think DD is getting scrutinized enough. I don't get kicks out of bashing the guy, but if he was anyone else. He would be on the bench. He has started for us for 9 seasons. I understand TC trust the guy, but DD play has been no where as good as years past. We all agree oline has to work as a unit. The key is does he hold up his end of the bargain for the oline's cohesion? I don't think he does. He under performing big time when you look at the line as a whole. Who on the line can you saying he performing on the same level as DD?

Veteran
    I don't give a rats butt about David Diehl! I'd like to know what Locklear did to get benched! He played excellent all season! I generally agree with the coaching staff, but this reminds me of a few seasons ago when the line was clicking and then when O'Hara supposedly got healthy they put him back at center and the line play fell off a cliff!

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    Lol, I don't think DD is getting scrutinized enough. I don't get kicks out of bashing the guy, but if he was anyone else. He would be on the bench. He has started for us for 9 seasons. I understand TC trust the guy, but DD play has been no where as good as years past. We all agree oline has to work as a unit. The key is does he hold up his end of the bargain for the oline's cohesion? I don't think he does. He under performing big time when you look at the line as a whole. Who on the line can you saying he performing on the same level as DD?
    No scrutinized enough?
    If you follow this MB you'd think he had 666 burned in his head.
    As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, that shadowy figure behind the grassy knoll looks a lot like David Diehl.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No scrutinized enough?
    If you follow this MB you'd think he had 666 burned in his head.
    As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, that shadowy figure behind the grassy knoll looks a lot like David Diehl.
    Is it a coincidence that the only 3 games we had protection issues (multi sacks and heavy pressure) happened to be the 3 games Diehl started at RT? If Locklear was a better fit to protect Eli at LT than Diehl when Beatty was injured (and the man is a natural RT), what is the logic that Diehl would be a better RT than Locklear?

It's not even about how many sacks he has given up. You can see Eli doesn't feel comfortable back there. Pressure is constantly coming from that side. If it's not Diehl it's Snee getting owned!

Johnny Cochran couldn't defend Diehl at this point. He sux, period

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Johnny Cochran couldn't defend Diehl at this point. He sux, period
    If the criticism doesn't fit......stop giving Diehl ****.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    I don't give a rats butt about David Diehl! I'd like to know what Locklear did to get benched! He played excellent all season! I generally agree with the coaching staff, but this reminds me of a few seasons ago when the line was clicking and then when O'Hara supposedly got healthy they put him back at center and the line play fell off a cliff!
    This is what I was about to say. Besides giving a BS reason like "Our coaching staff is dumb" or somthing like that. What is the reasoning that he got benched for DD?? Is it cause Dehil was susposed to start in the begining of the season? Our line was playing one of the best in the league. Why was he benched does anyone know this or can give me some kind of reason?? Please

+ Reply to Thread