+ Reply to Thread

Giants Will Evaluate Offensive Formula During BYE Week

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Martellus Bennett is fond of analogies. So, to explain the quandary the Giants offense must solve during this bye week, the tight end drew on his college basketball experience.

“If you’re a jump shooter, and everybody’s face-guarding you where you can’t shoot the ball, you’ve got to start driving into the lane at some point or you’re just going to be ineffective the whole game,” Bennett said. “So we’ve just got to figure out, what’s our drive to the lane?”

In other words, when the strength of a team is suddenly not so strong — i.e., a passing game that could formerly skip downfield at will — the players and coaches must find another way to get the job done. Finally hitting their bye in Week 11, the Giants have a chance to take a step back, much needed after they dropped their second straight game Sunday, a 31-13 loss at Cincinnati.

Coaches began self-scouting Monday, and offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said they would also study some of the hot offenses around the league for ideas to “galvanize” their unit. Players will be off until next Monday, meaning quarterback Eli Manning will rest his so-called “tired arm” for eight straight days. They hope the break makes a difference, but just how different will they be?

“I don’t see us coming in and saying, ‘Hey, we’ve got a whole new offense, and we’re coming in and doing this now,’ ” said Manning, who hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in three straight games for the first time since his rookie season. “I don’t see that’s going to help anything. But there can be some different things we can get to that can help us out.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Excerpt: "Martellus Bennett is fond of analogies. So, to explain the quandary the Giants offense must solve during this bye week, the tight end drew on his college basketball experience.

“If you’re a jump shooter, and everybody’s face-guarding you where you can’t shoot the ball, you’ve got to start driving into the lane at some point or you’re just going to be ineffective the whole game,” Bennett said. “So we’ve just got to figure out, what’s our drive to the lane?”

In other words, when the strength of a team is suddenly not so strong — i.e., a passing game that could formerly skip downfield at will — the players and coaches must find another way to get the job done. Finally hitting their bye in Week 11, the Giants have a chance to take a step back, much needed after they dropped their second straight game Sunday, a 31-13 loss at Cincinnati.

Coaches began self-scouting Monday, and offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said they would also study some of the hot offenses around the league for ideas to “galvanize” their unit. Players will be off until next Monday, meaning quarterback Eli Manning will rest his so-called “tired arm” for eight straight days. They hope the break makes a difference, but just how different will they be?

“I don’t see us coming in and saying, ‘Hey, we’ve got a whole new offense, and we’re coming in and doing this now,’ ” said Manning, who hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in three straight games for the first time since his rookie season. “I don’t see that’s going to help anything. But there can be some different things we can get to that can help us out.” Read more...
    It's about time is all I can say. I've been screaming at the TV for the last 4 weeks begging the offense to show something different to beat press coverage. Motion the WR, bunch formations with WR. More crossing routes anything but the same old thing. Let's get this fixed cause they're gonna have to put up at least 40 pts against Green Bay, ATL & NO to have a shot at truning this losing streak around. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    It's about time is all I can say. I've been screaming at the TV for the last 4 weeks begging the offense to show something different to beat press coverage. Motion the WR, bunch formations with WR. More crossing routes anything but the same old thing. Let's get this fixed cause they're gonna have to put up at least 40 pts against Green Bay, ATL & NO to have a shot at truning this losing streak around. Book it.

The coaches have their work cut out for them
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I'll believe it when I see it. Why would the next game be any different than the past 4 games that the offense was struggling? So now is the time to is it?

Banned

When Tampa Bay was in its infancy and lost its first 15 or so games, the Head Coach, the great John McKay from USC fame, was asked, "When asked about his team's execution".........his answer....."I'm in favor of it".........This applies to the Giants today...time to rebuild.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    thank you its about time, i mean how obvious is it that teams figured out our same old same old game plan. switch it up get rid of that playbook and start over, and watch Eli come back to life.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    totaly agree, Gilbride has become so predictable its scary. teams know take away cruz deep eli likes to go to that well a lot. teams know the shotgun draw bs.

Starter
    The coaches have their work cut out for them
    Thats what they are paid for.

ok....now show us....
    enough talk ......just do it.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Didn't they evaluate it last week? Did't the WRs and QBs and coaches have meetings to address this exact problem? I hope Gilbride has been evaluating it all season, that's what coaches are paid to do.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.