+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Expose Corey Webster's Failing To Cover For Misled Teammates

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201005

Excerpt: "Corey Websterdidn't blow his assignment. But he didn’t help out his mates in the Giants secondary, either.

That was the message that secondary coach Peter Guinta had on Monday, one day after the Giants’ 31-13 loss to the Bengals. Webster had been a key figure in the game’s opening touchdown, a 56-yard reception by Bengals star A.J. Green.

Webster appeared to let Green run right past him at the Giants’ 40, as if he expected help. “Corey did what he was supposed to do,” Guinta said.

Thing is, Guinta added, Webster should have abandoned his assignment and stayed with Green when he realized he didn’t have help. Another player, whom Guinta declined to name, was indeed supposed to pick up Green deep downfield, but most of the Giants’ secondary had been fooled by a play-action fake.

Webster, the veteran in a Giants secondary that includes second-year man Prince Amukamara, rookie Jayron Hosley and journeyman safety Stevie Brown, should have covered for his mates. Webster initially called the play a “miscommunication.” Guinta agreed but still expected more from his top corner.

“Corey’s thing is he should have kind of realized what was going on,” Guinta said, “and being the veteran guy, trying to protect the other guys, he should have been a little more patient .” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Well if you want to go by a Super Bowl winning coaches opinion Brown was the one that was supposed to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well if you want to go by a Super Bowl winning coaches opinion Brown was the one that was supposed to be there.
    Why would anyone here believe what any of the coaches say? We, of course, have far more credibility as fans
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    I don't know if calling out the guy who knew his assignment is such a good thing. Yes, he could have seen that someone was blowing the coverage and hung with the guy going deep, but he thought his safety had that coverage and probably had someone heading towards his zone and did not take a peek to make sure the other guy was doing his job. I agree that he could have seen this and stayed with the guy that represented a greater threat, but if you are going to call someone out, you really should call-out the guy that blew his assignment.

Brown was suppose to be there BUT...pre snap Brown is up towards the line in plain veiw of Webster.
    Dont how he didnt see this...........Brown may have messed up but Webster messed up too.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why would anyone here believe what any of the coaches say? We, of course, have far more credibility as fans
    There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarson View Post
    There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play
    dont even think Ro was quoting you was he????

Brown was up near the line in Websters veiw. Ok....wrong from the pre snap. Webster should have been covering in man at that point....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

You know what was even more pathetic then letting AJ Green blow right by you deep after you realize no one was there to cover him? CWebs half *** jog to catch up to him. CWeb has been a fav of mine for a few years, but it seems like he really doesnt give a crap anymore. Ok, the safety should of been there, but he wasn't! So you just would rather let AJ score a long Td then try to cover him yourself? Give me a break. Then after the ball was thrown, CWeb half *** jogs to try to "get" Green like saying "Im no going to hustle to fix someone elses problem." Thats how I saw it anyway.

Right after that opening drive, I knew it was over.

I think some players on our team are content with 2 SB rings. It may be time to reload.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    You know what was even more pathetic then letting AJ Green blow right by you deep after you realize no one was there to cover him? CWebs half *** jog to catch up to him. CWeb has been a fav of mine for a few years, but it seems like he really doesnt give a crap anymore. Ok, the safety should of been there, but he wasn't! So you just would rather let AJ score a long Td then try to cover him yourself? Give me a break. Then after the ball was thrown, CWeb half *** jogs to try to "get" Green like saying "Im no going to hustle to fix someone elses problem." Thats how I saw it anyway.

Right after that opening drive, I knew it was over.

I think some players on our team are content with 2 SB rings. It may be time to reload.
    you are right....he compounded a mistake by being a lazy ***.........

in all truth

it does not matter who blew a coverage and who should have covered the guys tail who blew the coverage

it was blatantly evident from the opening whistle that this team came out sleep walking and that the Bengals were ready for a rumble

if Locklear was in for Diehl
    if Cruz caught that pass
    if Brown didn't bite on play action
    if Eli took a couple sacks
    if Bradshaw holds on to the ball
    if they miraculously learned to tackle properly

the Giants were still losing sunday afternoon

because with no heart comes no wins

and the NY Giants came out flat as Stanley