+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

DC- is ours the worst in the league ?

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Perry Fewel specialize in pass defense when he was brought over from Bills ???? or is he just a bum that holds a clip board.
    Honestly Bill Sheridan and/or T Lewis is a lot better.... How come after 11 weeks of football do we still have guys running WIDE OPEN. Not 2 yards past our DB's which in NFL standards is high but 20 yards open ??.

Did Perry tell our DE's to stand still and only focus on run defense ?. Let me guess they were worried about Dalton running ?? Just like they did in game1 with Romo when Fewel said they wanted the DE to contain.
    I cant believe in the entire game the defending Superbowl champs on National Television and there vaunted pass rush which is starting to get annoying didnt even touch Dalton. That is the saddest part of the game.

Rolle man you just look so silly now, diving at Greens feet is all you have to show for ??

Game balls to Chase and Prince who both played solid. The rest of the team was a joke.

All-Pro
    The defense has been bad but this past week they where not that bad. The offense was to blame for this game. The defense allowed Dalton to pass for only 199 yards and they didn't run that well. The game started with a blown coverage for a long 56 yard TD. That means that the Bengals only had 143 yards passing the rest of the game. The other 3 TD's they scored where on drives that started deep in Giants territory because of a punt return and two interceptions. Ok, it would have been nice if they could have held them to field goals, but even then they would have lost because the offense did absolutely nothing. The TD they scored was in garbage time of a blow out and their first field goal was a gift from the special teams forcing a turnover.

To answer - no.

Fewel isnt great, but please worse than Sheridan? Cmon 2009 was the worst defense in franchise history.

"Worst in the league " might be a bit harsh. However, Fewell, like most of our staff, do not take full advantage of the talent that is on the team. A good bit of this decision goes to fewell's philosophy and schemes, which are starting to look a lot more like Tim Lewis's: " Read and React". Another issue that is coming to light is the lack of simple coaching or lack thereof. When a guy with talent, like Hosley, continues to be in the wrong place or side in coverage, I wonder if he's being coached up about these obvious mental errors. Those are the same kind of issues like communication problems that we're going thru now, too. So, really for that stuff its look at the position coaches for an answer and a resolve. Anywhoooo, hope that when we come out against the Pack in 2 weeks we're a different club and ready to kick butt for 6 games, then the post season! Go Giants!

All-Pro
    I could swear we beat the most explosive and highest scoring team in History (the PATS) with a solid pass rush and pressure packages ?yet we are playing read react ?

I hope this is some way on purpose so that we squeeze into the playoffs and unleash a new game plan once the playoffs start and win the SB again.

Right now our defense just is leaky and it shouldnt be after this many weeks into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Perry Fewel specialize in pass defense when he was brought over from Bills ???? or is he just a bum that holds a clip board.
    Honestly Bill Sheridan and/or T Lewis is a lot better.... How come after 11 weeks of football do we still have guys running WIDE OPEN. Not 2 yards past our DB's which in NFL standards is high but 20 yards open ??.

Did Perry tell our DE's to stand still and only focus on run defense ?. Let me guess they were worried about Dalton running ?? Just like they did in game1 with Romo when Fewel said they wanted the DE to contain.
    I cant believe in the entire game the defending Superbowl champs on National Television and there vaunted pass rush which is starting to get annoying didnt even touch Dalton. That is the saddest part of the game.

Rolle man you just look so silly now, diving at Greens feet is all you have to show for ??

Game balls to Chase and Prince who both played solid. The rest of the team was a joke.
    He is not the worst but of the worst.

All-Pro
    2012 defense rankings

21st in total yards
    25th pass yards
    17th rush yards
    19th in scoring

not very good !!!!!!!!!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense has been bad but this past week they where not that bad. The offense was to blame for this game. The defense allowed Dalton to pass for only 199 yards and they didn't run that well. The game started with a blown coverage for a long 56 yard TD. That means that the Bengals only had 143 yards passing the rest of the game. The other 3 TD's they scored where on drives that started deep in Giants territory because of a punt return and two interceptions. Ok, it would have been nice if they could have held them to field goals, but even then they would have lost because the offense did absolutely nothing. The TD they scored was in garbage time of a blow out and their first field goal was a gift from the special teams forcing a turnover.
    they didnt muster more yards is because we kept giving them short fields to work on ! if they had to go farther with field position do you think we would have stopped them ??

I still would take Fewell over Sheridan. But I will also say this, over the last 3 games we have 1 of the 3 worst offenses in football, and the worst defense in football.