Closed Thread
Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    Are you saying Hostetler ran a 4.28 40yd?!
    No I am not. That was a typo. Hoss ran a 4.48 40 which is still fast as heck for a QB.

I think Bobby Gee the 3 was clocked at 4.38 and Mike Vick was clocked at 4.3 at their combines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The fact that we won with Hoss is a combination of things. Excellence in coaching, and player execution of that game plan, along with the added dimension Hoss brought with his legs. I know you've thrown a lot of praise at our o-line back then but if my memory is correct, Hoss got the crap beat out of him despite being able to run.

I absolutely think we can win a game with David Carr at quarterback.

I also believe there is no way in hell we would have won the Super Bowl in 2007 without Plaxico. If Eli didn't have Plax that year it would have been real ugly around here.

Anyway, why is it people feel the need to try and rip Phil. Phil is #1 color guy on CBS, and he gets paid to talk about football. All the fuss is silly.

Besides some guys are big Simms fans and others love Eli. To each his own.
    I have a good memory too and our offensive line back then was a heck more stout than it is now.

We not winning if David Carr starts. David Carrs job is to look good for the cameras while he holds the clip board. I like David Carr but I think we can do better at backup. Perhaps Coach Coughlin just wanted to give him a safe spot to recover from the hits he took while QB of Texans. Heck, judging from the Carolina Panthers game that he came in to do mop up duty for, the guy still has some serious PTSD.

Not gonna argue that Plaxico made some brilliant catches and we saw how quickly our offense derailed when he Cheddar Bobbed himself. However, Mark Bavarro with his great hands and ability to gain YAC was a great security blanket for PhiL Simms.

Phil said what he said and he thinks it to be true. I don’t agree with him but I really don’t care either.

I think Eli Manning is a better QB than Phil Simms was but that doesn’t mean I am not a Phil Simms fan. Phil was an awesome NY Giant and will always be remembered with love and fondness by me. The guy was and still can be a cranky schmuck at times but so what. I think he has often in his mind played the what if game like a lot of us fans have. I am sure that he thinks if he had been on a different team with a different coach that he would have had way better stats. I am sure that getting hurt the year we beat Buffalo Bills in SuperBowl XXV still hurts because that would have been an awesome statistical as well as winning season for him and in my opinion it would have been his ticket to Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I have a good memory too and our offensive line back then was a heck more stout than it is now.

We not winning if David Carr starts. David Carrs job is to look good for the cameras while he holds the clip board. I like David Carr but I think we can do better at backup. Perhaps Coach Coughlin just wanted to give him a safe spot to recover from the hits he took while QB of Texans. Heck, judging from the Carolina Panthers game that he came in to do mop up duty for, the guy still has some serious PTSD.

Not gonna argue that Plaxico made some brilliant catches and we saw how quickly our offense derailed when he Cheddar Bobbed himself. However, Mark Bavarro with his great hands and ability to gain YAC was a great security blanket for PhiL Simms.

Phil said what he said and he thinks it to be true. I don’t agree with him but I really don’t care either.

I think Eli Manning is a better QB than Phil Simms was but that doesn’t mean I am not a Phil Simms fan. Phil was an awesome NY Giant and will always be remembered with love and fondness by me. The guy was and still can be a cranky schmuck at times but so what. I think he has often in his mind played the what if game like a lot of us fans have. I am sure that he thinks if he had been on a different team with a different coach that he would have had way better stats. I am sure that getting hurt the year we beat Buffalo Bills in SuperBowl XXV still hurts because that would have been an awesome statistical as well as winning season for him and in my opinion it would have been his ticket to Canton.
    I agree that David Carr sucks and that we would not win a lot without Eli for that reason. I've never been happy with our backup QB situation.

And as for our O line when Phil was here...It was lousy for most of his career. He had friggin Brad Benson protecting his blind side. Benson had one good game against Dexter Manley and that was about it. Now later when Jumbo and Eric Moore came along they had a very good O line. But don't forget that several years ago ours was considered one of, if not the best O line in football.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

60 pages or bust!!!!
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Yeah, Eli actually had some pretty good O-lines to work with early on in his career. Just ashame we couldn't have a good O-line and 2011 Eli at the same time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    60 pages or bust!!!!

Banned

Cool

I'm going for 100 posts!

We should have passed on Eli and picked a cornerback! Then take Tebow in the second round!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I'm going for 100 posts!

We should have passed on Eli and picked a cornerback! Then take Tebow in the second round!
    Let's trade Eli to the Raiders this off season for Carson Palmer!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Let's trade Eli to the Raiders this off season for Carson Palmer!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Why are you laughing? That's a great trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why are you laughing? That's a great trade.
    Just as good as a JPP for Richard Seymour deal

Closed Thread