Closed Thread
Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I agree not to compare them......except to say that Phil was better.
    LMAO
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree.....if Eli's not elite, then maybe we shouldn't use that term for anything, because I have no ****ing clue what it means.
    I never even heard it in reference to QB's until Eli answered the question last year. Now it's a game to see who will be tabbed the next 'elite' NFL QB, and what did he do to merit the label... while all QB's of the past are evaluated, post career, as to their 'eliteness', or not.
    Everyone mocked Eli for thinking he was elite. Then, after he won his 2nd SB, everyone was tripping all over themselves getting on the "Eli is Elite" bandwagon.
    Now, after his last 4 games, some of the rats are abandoning ship...lol. Humans... the only thing consistent about us is our inconsistency

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I never even heard it in reference to QB's until Eli answered the question last year. Now it's a game to see who will be tabbed the next 'elite' NFL QB, and what did he do to merit the label... while all QB's of the past are evaluated, post career, as to their 'eliteness', or not.
    Everyone mocked Eli for thinking he was elite. Then, after he won his 2nd SB, everyone was tripping all over themselves getting on the "Eli is Elite" bandwagon.
    Now, after his last 4 games, some of the rats are abandoning ship...lol. Humans... the only thing consistent about us is our inconsistency
    post of the year

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree.....if Eli's not elite, then maybe we shouldn't use that term for anything, because I have no ****ing clue what it means.
    Its just a stupid tag created by the media and fans. Honestly, thats all it is. Completely and utterly meaningless, but it still sends people into towering rages and leaves them foaming at the mouth while lying in the fetal position.

Am I being a little over-dramatic? Yep, but we're approaching page 35 of a thread based on a stupid, meaningless word. A little extra drama is warranted

It's Like comparing Oranges to Apples, Phil was Good, but Eli is Better !

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    one thing eli is better at is reading the D and setting up his protection.
    if he could just get it done before the playclock expires.
    i'm starting to wonder if he isn't causing half of the confusion himself.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Who was "clutch"? Eli or Simms? No contest! Eli wins hands down. Two come from behind SB wins because our rotten defense can't hold a lead!
    rotten defense ? the defense showing up in the playoffs is what did it.
    they gave up only 14 points to a previously undefeated team that led the league in scoring.
    then along came a helmet "clutch" and then a cornerback stumbled , leaving Plax wide open.
    Eli was a paltry 19 of 34 for 255 yds 2td's and 1 pic. call those MVP stats if you want.....
    compare that to Simms SB MVP stats.
    and don't get me wrong i'll accept that SB42 win
    and proudly take that 'ring' to the pawnshop anyday.....
    but we all know it was stolen jewelry.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    rotten defense ? the defense showing up in the playoffs is what did it.
    they gave up only 14 points to a previously undefeated team that led the league in scoring.
    then along came a helmet "clutch" and then a cornerback stumbled , leaving Plax wide open.
    Eli was a paltry 19 of 34 for 255 yds 2td's and 1 pic. call those MVP stats if you want.....
    compare that to Simms SB MVP stats.
    and don't get me wrong i'll accept that SB42 win
    and proudly take that 'ring' to the pawnshop anyday.....
    but we all know it was stolen jewelry.
    Nonsense.
    We were the better team on that field in SB 42.
    And the "stumbling CB" came from a great move by Plax that they knew they were vulnerable to from film study and waited until the right time to use it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    rotten defense ? the defense showing up in the playoffs is what did it.they gave up only 14 points to a previously undefeated team that led the league in scoring.then along came a helmet "clutch" and then a cornerback stumbled , leaving Plax wide open.Eli was a paltry 19 of 34 for 255 yds 2td's and 1 pic. call those MVP stats if you want.....compare that to Simms SB MVP stats.and don't get me wrong i'll accept that SB42 win and proudly take that 'ring' to the pawnshop anyday.....but we all know it was stolen jewelry.
    Stolen jewelry for Super Bowl 42 now...... Hey want don't we just say the pats "gave it to us" now?What a luxury you have as a fan to have a throw away Lombardi trophy - ridiculous.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Stolen jewelry for Super Bowl 42 now...... Hey want don't we just say the pats "gave it to us" now?What a luxury you have as a fan to have a throw away Lombardi trophy - ridiculous.
    We had more rushing yards, more passing yards, more time of possession, and oh yeah.....more points. We beat all the best teams in football that yearin our playoff run.
    We were the deserving champs!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Closed Thread