Closed Thread
Page 90 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The case is very much open and always will be.

Comparing players from different eras with one stat is complete folly.
    Let it go, dude. I had to accept that Drew Brees was a better QB than Archie Manning...you can do this. It was inevitable. Phil Simms will always be a great, respectable guy and QB...someone all fans can look-up to and remember fondly...but from this day on he will walk in Eli's shadow.

A lot of football left in Eli's career, if he finishes with 300+, the folly will fade. Hasn't happened yet.

Are we still talking about this?

Simms is one of the NYG Greats, let's not sully his reputation as a Giant because a reporter trapped him into a question just to get a rise out of us fans.

Let it go. sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Let it go, dude. I had to accept that Drew Brees was a better QB than Archie Manning...you can do this. It was inevitable. Phil Simms will always be a great, respectable guy and QB...someone all fans can look-up to and remember fondly...but from this day on he will walk in Eli's shadow.
    No way.
    Get well soon 80.

You must turn away from the past and except the here and now! Eli is the best Giants QB of all time! No one can shine his shoes!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    You must turn away from the past and except the here and now! Eli is the best Giants QB of all time! No one can shine his shoes!
    Agree to disagee. Phil was a just a better football player.
    Get well soon 80.

Congrats to Eli on becoming our team's all-time touchdown leader, but let's not kid ourselves about what we saw last night.

Eli threw the ball terribly for the most part. The missed TD pass to Hyno was inexcusable. Something's just not right with him right now.

But I do have to give him kudos on that run where he lowered his shoulder. While I don't want to see him taking on people with his throwing shoulder, I did like the toughness he displayed there. It was almost as if he needed that contact to get him out of his funk.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Congrats to Eli on becoming our team's all-time touchdown leader, but let's not kid ourselves about what we saw last night.

Eli threw the ball terribly for the most part. The missed TD pass to Hyno was inexcusable. Something's just not right with him right now.

But I do have to give him kudos on that run where he lowered his shoulder. While I don't want to see him taking on people with his throwing shoulder, I did like the toughness he displayed there. It was almost as if he needed that contact to get him out of his funk.
    I want to see the "good Eli" from here on this season. He's unfortunately gone back to his inconsistent ways this season. Lets hope "bad Eli" doesn't show himself any more this year.
    I honestly don't know if I've ever seen an NFL QB with such a high beta.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    No way.
    Kudos. I hope you realize that I was trying to pull a MH and deliberately get ol MH to deliver a hostile reply but you didn't bite. FWIW...Like I said before...I really don't care who considers who the best or who in fact is the best. I enjoy the today and the yesterday.

He missed a wide open pass to Hynoski, the world must be ending soon!!!!

OMG!! Wait, in the same game, the so called best QB in the game threw a pass right at Webster. He also held onto the ball forever and took unecessary sacks. When he finally threw the ball away it was to end the half instead of taking a shot to the end zone.

LOL. Rodgers got schooled. Oh by the way, Simms is old news. He will forever be in the rear view mirror of Eli in Giants history.

Closed Thread