Closed Thread
Page 104 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    For the record...Rivers will end up doing it in far less.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[QUOTE=Dline83;593915]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

Exactly my point, but to denie that stats hold any importance, is incorrect in my mind. Your point also works both ways, if a young fan looked at Eli Mannings 2010 numbers and saw 25 interceptions he/she could make certain conclusions based on those stats that would not tell the whole story of why there were 25 interceptions. My point is that in conjuction with actually seeing the players we are talking about play, the stats add another layer of analysis that we would not have without them.
    They certainly are great for debating. lol.

I have to admit when I was young I enjoyed looking at the players stats. But of course back then we maybe got to see them once a week from a good newspaper...
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

The fact that this conversation is still happening shows how fickle and pathetic the media is. The fact that we're still even discussing the fact that Eli isn't elite on this board shows how easily we're pulled into a discussion that means nothing. This discussion is moot. Eli has nothing left to prove to anyone, except his team mates. All of our opinions of him, good or bad, don't mean jack squat.

Two time superbowl mvp and so many NFL and Giant's franchise records it's ridiculous. Anyone that doesn't believe he is elite is a bit delusional.

just my two cents.

i don't see where how many games played even comes into the equation about reaching 200 td's
    it should be how many passes , not how many games played.
    a QB in an offense that throws twice as often should reach any milestone twice as fast.
    the marker should be pass attempts , not games played.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-27-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

[QUOTE=Roosevelt;594011]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post

They certainly are great for debating. lol.

I have to admit when I was young I enjoyed looking at the players stats. But of course back then we maybe got to see them once a week from a good newspaper...
    Me too Rosie.
    I used to look at the stats of Phil in 1980 (or was it 1981) where he was stuck at 11 TD's and 9 picks because he was out for the year. I watched other QB's pass him every week.
    The things we care about where we're young.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i don't see where how many games even comes into it.
    it should be passing attempts , not games played.
    a QB in an offense that throws twice as as often should reach any milestone twice as fast
    If there is one stat that means the most as far as how well a QB is throwing the ball it would be the ratio between TD's and Int's. It measures production vs. the cost of that production.
    In today's NFL, that number should be at least 2 to 1. All the best QB's always meet that standard (or come close)...except of course one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I saw that on FB..Its not even close to being true.
    I just found this.,

QUARTERBACK
    # OF GAMES TO REACH 200 TD PASSES
    Dan Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Brett Favre
    Tom Brady
    Johnny Unitas
    Kurt Warner
    117*

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If there is one stat that means the most as far as how well a QB is throwing the ball it would be the ratio between TD's and Int's. It measures production vs. the cost of that production.
    In today's NFL, that number should be at least 2 to 1. All the best QB's always meet that standard (or come close)...except of course one.
    However, only TWO of those guys playing right now have more than one SuperBowl MVP. MS, I couldn’t resist, lol.......

Eli was better on sunday against Green Bay Packers but he still looked a little bit off. Eli missed a couple easy passes and lets hope he calms down and fixes that. I am a huge Eli fan and supporter but I would like to see some consistency from him.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli was better on sunday against Green Bay Packers but he still looked a little bit off. Eli missed a couple easy passes and lets hope he calms down and fixes that. I am a huge Eli fan and supporter but I would like to see some consistency from him.
    That's how I saw it, yet I see he's up for some player of week honors. i didn't think he played well enough for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You're kidding right? Have you watched ANY of the season so far?Drew Brees had 4 games where they couldn't even WIN a game. Aaron Rodgers had an early slump when he lost to the seahawks, colts, and 9ers and now us. Brady has been outgunned by Russel Wilson and Kevin Kolb for god sakes. Honestly any guy who thinks Eli isn't elite either hasn't been watching the season or is an idiot. Peyton Manning had an INT happy season in 2010.
    To Brees' credit, his defense is the worst in the league and he STILL got his. Brady still got his in his loss against the seahawks. Even though Rodgers started off 1-3, his stats in those games weren't bad and were posted earlier in thread. You mention those 3 QB's losing to sorry QBs. How about Eli losing to Rex Grosman last year TWICE and Vince Young!!!!! Anyways, you seriously need to get Eli's nuts out of your mouth and see things for what they are. None of those guys went on a 1 td and 6 int slump in any of their games. 1td and 6 ints in a four game stretch is Sanchez like. Just because I don't think Eli is an elite QB doesn't mean that I think he is great QB and a future hall of fame player. He is my guy, but I am not blind to his poor play at times.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Closed Thread