Closed Thread
Page 107 of 149 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    20 years from now, if you can answer the question (in a heartbeat), "who's was the standout QB at that time period" or "who was the QB that had the wow factor", then he'd belong. Marino, Montana, Peyton, Brady all standout. In the early 90's and and early 2000's was there any QB that really blew your mind? It was a dead period of QBs as far as I'm concerned. If I had to choose a QB, it would be Randall Cunningham. Not because he was the best QB but he was pretty amazing and revolutionary at his position. Same thing with Bo Jackson.

When I go visit the HoF, I want to look at each player and be wowed. It's like comparing Matt Ryan and RG3. Ryan while putting great numbers is very vanilla - boring. Nothing special. RG3 - people will remember.

Edit: Hmm ..maybe Favre would belong ...
    Marino and Montana not in Favre's era. 20 years from now when I think back to my 30s and 40s I will def think Farve was one of the best...no doubt.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Hey GT,

What's up with that Bear-shark-octopus eating signature of yours?
    that was somehting from last year. Somebody commented on what type of animal they thought JPP was. It was said he was like a bear, shark, and octopus. if IIRC...someone else shopped the animals together and I put Rodgers in its mouth.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm pretty sure that Eli Manning is elite. Phil Simms is just jealous that Eli has suppased him as the Giants greatest QB of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    20 years from now, if you can answer the question (in a heartbeat), "who's was the standout QB at that time period" or "who was the QB that had the wow factor", then he'd belong. Marino, Montana, Peyton, Brady all standout. In the early 90's and and early 2000's was there any QB that really blew your mind? It was a dead period of QBs as far as I'm concerned. If I had to choose a QB, it would be Randall Cunningham. Not because he was the best QB but he was pretty amazing and revolutionary at his position. Same thing with Bo Jackson.

When I go visit the HoF, I want to look at each player and be wowed. It's like comparing Matt Ryan and RG3. Ryan while putting great numbers is very vanilla - boring. Nothing special. RG3 - people will remember.

Edit: Hmm ..maybe Favre would belong ...
    You are dead on with Randall Cunningham. That guy was flat out great. And a Giants killer as well.
    He is the one guy (other than my boy) who deserves to be in the Hall, and isn't.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins4eva View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Eli Manning is elite. Phil Simms is just jealous that Eli has suppased him as the Giants greatest QB of all time.
    The Skins fan disagrees with me.

I win!!!!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are dead on with Randall Cunningham. That guy was flat out great. And a Giants killer as well.
    He is the one guy (other than my boy) who deserves to be in the Hall, and isn't.
    Do remember that 90 some yard punt he had against us in 1989?....those were some crazy games with the giants and eagles...1988 to 1990

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    that was somehting from last year. Somebody commented on what type of animal they thought JPP was. It was said he was like a bear, shark, and octopus. if IIRC...someone else shopped the animals together and I put Rodgers in its mouth.....
    JPP is a sloth. A very fast and hostile sloth.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    Everytime I see your sig, it makes me want to cry. Poor Eli..
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A QB in thier prime in this pass friendly league, should be at or near 2 to 1. If you look at the best QB's now, they are all much better than 2 to 1. Obviously their are other factors. A guy who doesn't throw a lot of passes can have a good ratio and not be especially productive. But Eli lives in a passing offense. 15 TD's and 11 picks is poor. Its not mediocre...its poor for a 9 year vet in a pass first offense.
    I do give both Eli and Cutler a bit of slack in this because there are other factors. In Cutler's case, he's running for his life all the time withthe worst O lin in football and has only one real WR to throw to. In Eli's case he has a knack for the clutch and has 2 SB's in his pocket.
    But the reality is that he really hasn't played well this season. He's had spurts, but on average its been a down year so far.
    After all of the stats bashing, just throwing out the numbers 15 td to 11 int doesn't prove that Manning is performing sub par this year. How many dropped td passes have there been so far this year? How many times has Manning been under pressure?

What about dropped passes, Cruz and Bennett have 14 between the two of them.

We have ran the ball 283 times good for the 9th most attempts in the league this year, hardly seems like an exclusively passing offense. Brown had 8 rushing tds, many from one or two yards out.

I think there have been some bad games and some good games, but why blame only one person for the outcome either way. We are in first place in the division, in the upper third of all offensive categories, and getting closer and closer to another playoff birth. There have been bad throws and amazing throws, just like every other team.

Check out this article about interceptions, might change your mind on the whole 2 to 1 ratio.

http://www.footballperspective.com/i...tion-or-popip/

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    hmm....that makes no sense....but whatever....