Closed Thread
Page 108 of 149 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    JPP is a sloth. A very fast and hostile sloth.
    I would say he is more like a rabid honey badger who just doesn't give a @&$@!

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Do remember that 90 some yard punt he had against us in 1989?....those were some crazy games with the giants and eagles...1988 to 1990
    I was at that game. coldest I ever was in my life.
    We had come back from being 14 down and had them pinned, then Cunningham did that and a win turned into a loss. It wasn't just a great punt, it won the game for them.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    After all of the stats bashing, just throwing out the numbers 15 td to 11 int doesn't prove that Manning is performing sub par this year. How many dropped td passes have there been so far this year? How many times has Manning been under pressure?

What about dropped passes, Cruz and Bennett have 14 between the two of them.

We have ran the ball 283 times good for the 9th most attempts in the league this year, hardly seems like an exclusively passing offense. Brown had 8 rushing tds, many from one or two yards out.

I think there have been some bad games and some good games, but why blame only one person for the outcome either way. We are in first place in the division, in the upper third of all offensive categories, and getting closer and closer to another playoff birth. There have been bad throws and amazing throws, just like every other team.

Check out this article about interceptions, might change your mind on the whole 2 to 1 ratio.

http://www.footballperspective.com/i...tion-or-popip/
    every QB has passes dropped. there were also two potention Int's dropped in the end zone at SF and against washington that Eli threw. Have you seen how many passed Finley has dropped for Rodgers?
    Get well soon 80.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    every QB has passes dropped. there were also two potention Int's dropped in the end zone at SF and against washington that Eli threw. Have you seen how many passed Finley has dropped for Rodgers?
    Right, and how many other recieving options has Rodgers had? my point is that to say that Eli is having a sub par year just because you point out his 15 td to 11 int doesn't prove that. We are still in first place, in the top third of ever offensive category, are close to another playoff birth and division title, how exactly is that sub par? You also fail to mention the amount of pressure Eli was under during the last four games, 6 sacks from Washington through Cinncinnati, and multiple hits in those games as well. Given that he only has 13 sacks overall, you can assume that the problems in the last four games were not as simple as Eli being sub par.

wasnt eli leading the league in yards up until like 4 weeks ago? he had a poor 3-4 game stretch. season still has 5 games yet as well. its not quite the season i expected, but i know there are like 28 other teams that would kill to have their qb play as eli has this season...theres been a lot of knee jerk reactions bc of those poor slump games imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins4eva View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Eli Manning is elite. Phil Simms is just jealous that Eli has suppased him as the Giants greatest QB of all time.
    Yeah, that's it.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are dead on with Randall Cunningham. That guy was flat out great. And a Giants killer as well.
    He is the one guy (other than my boy) who deserves to be in the Hall, and isn't.
    He was a Giant killer. Very special talent.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Do remember that 90 some yard punt he had against us in 1989?....those were some crazy games with the giants and eagles...1988 to 1990
    I do. That was some crazy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wasnt eli leading the league in yards up until like 4 weeks ago? he had a poor 3-4 game stretch. season still has 5 games yet as well. its not quite the season i expected, but i know there are like 28 other teams that would kill to have their qb play as eli has this season...theres been a lot of knee jerk reactions bc of those poor slump games imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    Right, and how many other recieving options has Rodgers had? my point is that to say that Eli is having a sub par year just because you point out his 15 td to 11 int doesn't prove that. We are still in first place, in the top third of ever offensive category, are close to another playoff birth and division title, how exactly is that sub par? You also fail to mention the amount of pressure Eli was under during the last four games, 6 sacks from Washington through Cinncinnati, and multiple hits in those games as well. Given that he only has 13 sacks overall, you can assume that the problems in the last four games were not as simple as Eli being sub par.
    I get the point that some insist on making - that Eli throws more picks than Rodgers and some others. I also get the fact that Rodgers would never even have tried to throw the Super Bowl pass to Tyree if he was the one that escaped the sack. He'd have tossed it out of bounds or at somebody's feet rather than risk the interception. He's more athletic than Eli, but he doesn't have Eli's cajones. Obviously, that's merely my opinion - but it's mine and it can't be taken away.

Closed Thread