Closed Thread
Page 109 of 149 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

  1. #1081
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    20 years from now, if you can answer the question (in a heartbeat), "who's was the standout QB at that time period" or "who was the QB that had the wow factor", then he'd belong. Marino, Montana, Peyton, Brady all standout. In the early 90's and and early 2000's was there any QB that really blew your mind? It was a dead period of QBs as far as I'm concerned. If I had to choose a QB, it would be Randall Cunningham. Not because he was the best QB but he was pretty amazing and revolutionary at his position. Same thing with Bo Jackson.

    When I go visit the HoF, I want to look at each player and be wowed. It's like comparing Matt Ryan and RG3. Ryan while putting great numbers is very vanilla - boring. Nothing special. RG3 - people will remember.

    Edit: Hmm ..maybe Favre would belong ...

    Right on. Man....I hated him at the time. Play #5...he threw this ball about 60 yards in the air.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35xd4Upa25k

    Incredible throw.

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wasnt eli leading the league in yards up until like 4 weeks ago? he had a poor 3-4 game stretch. season still has 5 games yet as well. its not quite the season i expected, but i know there are like 28 other teams that would kill to have their qb play as eli has this season...theres been a lot of knee jerk reactions bc of those poor slump games imo...
    I don't think anyone is disputing that Eli is a very good QB. What is being disputed however is that his 2011 performance relative to his peers, was the norm - or even close to. 2011 as of now (no one know what the future holds) was an aberration. Had Eli continued to produce at the level he began this season, no one would be questioning him.

    Every QB struggles from time to time. But the best in the game - Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Peyton don't struggle nearly as long or as bad as Eli when he does struggle.

  3. #1083
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by chasjay View Post
    I get the point that some insist on making - that Eli throws more picks than Rodgers and some others. I also get the fact that Rodgers would never even have tried to throw the Super Bowl pass to Tyree if he was the one that escaped the sack. He'd have tossed it out of bounds or at somebody's feet rather than risk the interception. He's more athletic than Eli, but he doesn't have Eli's cajones. Obviously, that's merely my opinion - but it's mine and it can't be taken away.
    Your argument would have some validity if Eli threw more TD's than Rodgers. But its simply not true. If Eli had more "cajones", his TD's would be off the charts. His TD's are much lower than all the elite QB's.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #1084
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Your argument would have some validity if Eli threw more TD's than Rodgers. But its simply not true. If Eli had more "cajones", his TD's would be off the charts. His TD's are much lower than all the elite QB's.
    and yet he and the Giants have two rings.......good trade off IMO

    Lots of TD's and low picks and tons of yards doent always equal Rings....ask Marino....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #1085
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,594
    Eli has proven that he is a franchise QB. He has delivered an amazing 28.6% championship/years as starter to this point. (leaving '04 out since he didn't start the whole year)
    He is elite, whatever that means.
    Here is an honest question you have to ask yourself., though. If you could go back and start over and replace Eli with Brady or whoever and take whatever results that come...or would you take the results you already have and be satisfied? Personally, I would take what I got but that's just me.

  6. #1086
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    and yet he and the Giants have two rings.......good trade off IMO

    Lots of TD's and low picks and tons of yards doent always equal Rings....ask Marino....
    No one is happier than I am about that.
    I am simply commenting on someone else's argument. When a poster says that Eli has more "cajones" than another player and thats why he throws more picks, I made the argument that the facts don't support that.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #1087
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Eli has proven that he is a franchise QB. He has delivered an amazing 28.6% championship/years as starter to this point. (leaving '04 out since he didn't start the whole year)
    He is elite, whatever that means.
    Here is an honest question you have to ask yourself., though. If you could go back and start over and replace Eli with Brady or whoever and take whatever results that come...or would you take the results you already have and be satisfied? Personally, I would take what I got but that's just me.
    Eli didn't "deliver" anything. Eli was certainly an important part of our championships, especially last year. But both those SB's were team efforts.
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #1088
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No one is happier than I am about that.
    I am simply commenting on someone else's argument. When a poster says that Eli has more "cajones" than another player and thats why he throws more picks, I made the argument that the facts don't support that.
    I hear you Bro....I just dig commenting on your posts to get you to respond. I am padding my stats (posts)...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  9. #1089
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli didn't "deliver" anything. Eli was certainly an important part of our championships, especially last year. But both those SB's were team efforts.
    Never said they weren't...but Eli was playing QB for that team...and that's what we're talking about. Try to keep up!

  10. #1090
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I hear you Bro....I just dig commenting on your posts to get you to respond. I am padding my stats (posts)...
    Seems like I have to take the "keeping it real" argument regarding Eli by myself sometimes.
    I'm not knocking our QB, but this hero worship and blind denial by some has to be challenged by someone.
    Get well soon 80.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts