Closed Thread
Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Does she carry weapons?
    Don't they all?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    people have kneejerk reactions whether its "hes the best ever" bc of a phenomenal game or "he's not elite" bc he has a few bad games yearly.

MS, do you consider how you were saying Peyton was done a month or so into the season a knee jerk response looking back at your comments now? Don't want to go fishing for the posts but I recall seeing some posts where you were adamant that Peyton was not gonna be anywhere near the player he was....

peytons a good example of how people are so quick to forget the things they've said in what I refer to as "knee jerk" responses. A lot of people were writing Peyton off bc he didnt come out lighting it up the way he is now, and look how silly those responses were. Similarily, whenever eli has a rough spot, people come out and claim he was overrated, and a very good but not great qb...and then he leads the team to an epic SB run...twice...Im gonna wait until the final 5 reg season games are played to assess his reg season, then wait for the postseasons conclusion to assess his play there but i certainly believe eli has done way more than enough consistently to be considered elite and that opinion is prevalent now
    +1

Bench Player
    As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
    If you look at my post I never said anything about him being elite, I said the word is meaningless. I was making a comment that you said he was not one of the greats of our time, which I would think the 6th best in the league (in your opinion), the two Super Bowls, two Super Bowl MVP, and all the wins would qualify him as one of the greats of our time. So by your logic only the number one qb in the league playing right now can be considered "a great of our time"?

Does she carry weapons?
    6" Stilletos

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    If you look at my post I never said anything about him being elite, I said the word is meaningless. I was making a comment that you said he was not one of the greats of our time, which I would think the 6th best in the league (in your opinion), the two Super Bowls, two Super Bowl MVP, and all the wins would qualify him as one of the greats of our time. So by your logic only the number one qb in the league playing right now can be considered "a great of our time"?
    Look as far as I'm concerned there is Brady and Peyton, then a big drop off to Rodgers and Brees, then another big drop off to Eli and Ben. But there are a few nipping at Ben and Eli's heels.
    Thats the hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't give a **** what you call any of them. "Elite", "Great"....whatever.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    all i know is that eli is a proven winner and has come up huge in big situations. that's good enough for me.

Look as far as I'm concerned there is Brady and Peyton, then a big drop off to Rodgers and Brees, then another big drop off to Eli and Ben. But there are a few nipping at Ben and Eli's heels.
    Thats the hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't give a **** what you call any of them. "Elite", "Great"....whatever.
    The reason I put Eli ahead of Peyton, Rodgers and Brees ...

1) Peyton - Great regular season QB ... tries to shoulder too much, especially during the post season. And Eli has more rings in a shorter time span. Peyton definitely gets the nod towards stats but loses to Eli on clutch performances.

2) Rodgers - Hasn't done enough yet to warrant being included (although he is well on his way). But if you're going to put him in the mix, Eli definitely has outdone him resume wise.

3) Brees - Eli edges Brees on clutch performances as well as rings. Brees beats Eli on stats. 2 > 1. Again, if you compare the two as of today. Also Brees has had a MUCH better cast to work with (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The reason I put Eli ahead of Peyton, Rodgers and Brees ...

1) Peyton - Great regular season QB ... tries to shoulder too much, especially during the post season. And Eli has more rings in a shorter time span. Peyton definitely gets the nod towards stats but loses to Eli on clutch performances.

2) Rodgers - Hasn't done enough yet to warrant being included (although he is well on his way). But if you're going to put him in the mix, Eli definitely has outdone him resume wise.

3) Brees - Eli edges Brees on clutch performances as well as rings. Brees beats Eli on stats. 2 > 1. Again, if you compare the two as of today. Also Brees has had a MUCH better cast to work with (imo).
    There are about 8 (all Giants fans) who would put Eli over any of those 3 guys. Looks like you are one of them.

To say that our guy is as good as Peyton, Brees or Rodgers just defies logic. Thats not a knock on Eli because those guys are just flat great.

You do know it takes more than a QB to win a SB.....Right?
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    to me peyton is the arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the nfl. the way he commands an offense and the numbers he has put up so far in his career are just amazing. look how well he is doing with denver even after being out for over a year. he could easily be the nfl mvp this year in my opinion. so many people thought he made the wrong choice in picking denver over san fran cause denver is a cold weather city and they are not nearly a contender as san fran is and so far peyton has proved all those people wrong.

Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Eli on a consistent basis and doesn't seem to suffer nearly as bad slumps BUT...I think there needs to be an asterisk beside his name that explains he had 3 years to sit on the bench before having to take any serious snaps. We never really got to see crappy Rodgers because he was protected on the bench.