Closed Thread
Page 125 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    To clarify, I put more weight on play-by-play basis and consistency which Eli doesn't measure up to Peyton or Brady in that regard. He has had some pretty legendary moments but some equally WTF plays as well lol.
    Peyton and Brady have had many as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    No, its all regular season stats and personal achievements that decide if you are truly a great QB.......
    Yes that is clearly all I have been saying lol. I appreciate the twisting of words.

Peyton and Brady have had many as well....
    Not even on the same average does that happen. Show me where those two throw left handed lob interceptions or slide and fumble the ball without being touched lol.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 11-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This is getting off topic..
    haha if you think about it, 99% of this thread has been off topic. Don't see why it should change now

Yes that is clearly all I have been saying lol. I appreciate the twisting of words.
    eh its basically what you are saying

Not even on the same average does that happen. Show me where those two throw left handed lob interceptions or slide and fumble the ball without being touched lol.
    Oh so only those count as WTF moment? Sounds pretty biased.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-28-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    eh its basically what you are saying

Oh so only those count as WTF moment? Sounds pretty biased.
    It's not what I'm saying. I implore you to go back and read a few of my last posts. I mentioned a few times about the play-by-play consistency of Eli compared to the other guys. That has nothing to do with MVPs or has more TDs or yards.

And you're not really building a fine case of Peyton and Brady's WTF moments when you just say "yeah they do it too". Give me some examples of stuff they've done that are as hilariously bad as some of the stuff Eli has done. I don't think you can call bias on me when you're the one rocking an Eli avatar and always arguing the Pro Eli standpoint on the Giants forum. Let's be fair here man.

It's not what I'm saying. I implore you to go back and read a few of my last posts. I mentioned a few times about the play-by-play consistency of Eli compared to the other guys. That has nothing to do with MVPs or has more TDs or yards.

And you're not really building a fine case of Peyton and Brady's WTF moments when you just say "yeah they do it too". Give me some examples of stuff they've done that are as hilariously bad as some of the stuff Eli has done. I don't think you can call bias on me when you're the one rocking an Eli avatar and always arguing the Pro Eli standpoint on the Giants forum. Let's be fair here man.
    At least im not rocking a jimmy graham avi.... Saints fan!!
    lol like that matters.

Yeah Im a fan of Eli, Im a fan of the Giants, so obviously I'm a fan of his as well. I don't go jumping into every Eli thread either, I've had many different avatars if you are trying to insinuate something. I'm not gonna pretend Im some unbiased Giants fan, because guess what? they don't exist. If hes playing like garbage, I'll say he is. like with any of our players.

I think im figuring it out now...so because he throws a left handed pick and fumbles the ball after falling on the ground, those kinds of plays are a big reason why he should be kept out of the league of the other QB's because they have never had their share of blunders or stupid mistakes? We watch the Giants, so of course we're gonna see every dumb play in gross detail.

It sounds way to like a, well I called it 'biased' 'specific' is probably a better word, set of circumstances..
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-28-2012 at 09:51 PM.

[QUOTE=nygfanmaybe;595161]To take a quote from Namath...

"I can't wait for tomorrow because I get better looking every day!!"

I could be dreaming, though...because I do have the same BD as MLKing.[/QUOTE]

That makes 3 of us.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The reason I put Eli ahead of Peyton, Rodgers and Brees ...

1) Peyton - Great regular season QB ... tries to shoulder too much, especially during the post season. And Eli has more rings in a shorter time span. Peyton definitely gets the nod towards stats but loses to Eli on clutch performances.

2) Rodgers - Hasn't done enough yet to warrant being included (although he is well on his way). But if you're going to put him in the mix, Eli definitely has outdone him resume wise.

3) Brees - Eli edges Brees on clutch performances as well as rings. Brees beats Eli on stats. 2 > 1. Again, if you compare the two as of today. Also Brees has had a MUCH better cast to work with (imo).

You can't be serious.

Put those 3 on this team and we don't need 4th quarter comebacks.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You can't be serious.

Put those 3 on this team and we don't need 4th quarter comebacks.
    Honestly, most of those 4th quarter comebacks came from our defense giving up huge chunks of yards and touchdowns.

Let's go.

This Thread.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Closed Thread