Closed Thread
Page 126 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    This Thread.

lol
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    A Superbowl is a team accomplishment and since there are a decent amount of examples in NFL history of baddies winning one or at least getting to the dance (Grossman again haha),
    This is why two SB appearances is such a big deal (especially 2 SB wins and even more especially 2 SB MVPs). It's an easy mark to differentiate the Mark Rypiens and Brad Johnsons of the world versus the Eli Mannings and Brett Favres. Not the only mark, but probably the easiest one (which is why SB rings are brought up so often).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 11-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You can't be serious.

Put those 3 on this team and we don't need 4th quarter comebacks.
    So untrue.

Is Eli as good as Joe Montana? No.... but at this stage..... I would take him over Big Ben, Rivers, Schuab, Ryan, Vick, Romo, RGIII, Luck, ect. In fact, the only QBs that are playing (or have played) in the same era as Eli that I would "consider" taking over him are Peyton, Brady, Favre, and maybe Brees. Even then I would have to give some serious thought about taking Brady & Favre; Eli has beat those guys when it counted multiple times.

To sum it up, Montana is the best to play the position to date.... in my humble opinion. Guys like Marino were good quality QBs, but the fact they never won a SB lumps them into a different category of good players but for whatever reason did not produce a championship.

Just to add one last wrinke.... durability. Of the above mentioned QBs, besides Favre, who has been the most durable? (just doing my part to keep this thread going through the end of the year)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Is Eli as good as Joe Montana? No.... but at this stage..... I would take him over Big Ben, Rivers, Schuab, Ryan, Vick, Romo, RGIII, Luck, ect. In fact, the only QBs that are playing (or have played) in the same era as Eli that I would "consider" taking over him are Peyton, Brady, Favre, and maybe Brees. Even then I would have to give some serious thought about taking Brady & Favre; Eli has beat those guys when it counted multiple times.

To sum it up, Montana is the best to play the position to date.... in my humble opinion. Guys like Marino were good quality QBs, but the fact they never won a SB lumps them into a different category of good players but for whatever reason did not produce a championship.

Just to add one last wrinke.... durability. Of the above mentioned QBs, besides Favre, who has been the most durable? (just doing my part to keep this thread going through the end of the year)
    No way I take Favre over Eli.

Just to add fuel to the fire

how come Terry Bradshaw is never thrown in there with those guys.
    with 4 rings and no losses ...and i'm not so sure his stats aren't online with Joe Cool.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    with 4 rings and no losses ...and i'm not so sure his stats aren't online with Joe Cool.
    Equal TDs to Int ratio (212/210), lifetime QB rating of 70.9, lifetime completion percentage of 51%, and less than 30k yards passing.

Compare that with Joe's record of twice the TDs to Ints (273/139), QBR of 92.3, 63.2% completions, and 40k yards passing and it's not even close.

Bradshaw is widely seen as a product of his team vs. his team being a product of him.

A slippery slope to be sure considering the conversations we've been having but the stats definitely support that.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 11-29-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    Bradshaw is comedy relief..... : ) To be serious though, he was a great QB, the hardware don't lie. However, if I had to go back in time and pick any one QB to lead my team, I'm not even giving it a second thought, Montana would be my guy.

Can't we just enjoy watching our team play without this impulsive and foolish need to try to lump our very good, but flawed QB in with all time greats?

This is ridiculous. In the list of all time great QB's, Eli isn't even in any conversation. He's not in the top 30, probably not in the top 50. He's not even in the top 5 of QB's right now.
    You guys drive me nuts. And that's why these silly arguments go on and on. Some of you posters try to make these absolutely ridiculous arguments about Eli that are pure fantasy.

You cling to these two playoff runs which were as much about our great defense during those runs than our QB, and use it to put Eli in some lofty catagory as if all his uneven play during the other 95% of his career never happened. I am very thankful for those runs. They gave me some of my greatest thrills as a Giants fan. Please spare me the "our QB is an all time great" nonsense.
    Just enjoy our team. This is a very good era to be a Giants fan. We have an outstanding coach and a solid QB.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Can't we just enjoy watching our team play without this impulsive and foolish need to try to lump our very good, but flawed QB in with all time greats?

This is ridiculous. In the list of all time great QB's, Eli isn't even in any conversation. He's not in the top 30, probably not in the top 50. He's not even in the top 5 of QB's right now.
    You guys drive me nuts. And that's why these silly arguments go on and on. Some of you posters try to make these absolutely ridiculous arguments about Eli that are pure fantasy.

You cling to these two playoff runs which were as much about our great defense during those runs than our QB, and use it to put Eli in some lofty catagory as if all his uneven play during the other 95% of his career never happened. I am very thankful for those runs. They gave me some of my greatest thrills as a Giants fan. Please spare me the "our QB is an all time great" nonsense.
    Just enjoy our team. This is a very good era to be a Giants fan. We have an outstanding coach and a solid QB.
    Can't you just accept the fact that you're the fan of a team with an elite QB?

Have another sip of the Kool-Aid ... you know you want to!

P.S. - Eli is DEFINITELY in the top 20 of all time QBs ... possibly top 10.

Closed Thread