Closed Thread
Page 127 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Can't we just enjoy watching our team play without this impulsive and foolish need to try to lump our very good, but flawed QB in with all time greats?

This is ridiculous. In the list of all time great QB's, Eli isn't even in any conversation. He's not in the top 30, probably not in the top 50. He's not even in the top 5 of QB's right now.
    You guys drive me nuts. And that's why these silly arguments go on and on. Some of you posters try to make these absolutely ridiculous arguments about Eli that are pure fantasy.

You cling to these two playoff runs which were as much about our great defense during those runs than our QB, and use it to put Eli in some lofty catagory as if all his uneven play during the other 95% of his career never happened. I am very thankful for those runs. They gave me some of my greatest thrills as a Giants fan. Please spare me the "our QB is an all time great" nonsense.
    Just enjoy our team. This is a very good era to be a Giants fan. We have an outstanding coach and a solid QB.
    NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 50? Really? I dare you to name 50 QBs that are better than Eli.

I will say this, if we were talking about Big Ben, then I would agree, his defense won those championships.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Can't you just accept the fact that you're the fan of a team with an elite QB?Have another sip of the Kool-Aid ... you know you want to! P.S. - Eli is DEFINITELY in the top 20 of all time QBs ... possibly top 10.
    Eli has been a borderline top ten active qb for the vast majority of his career and now he is possibly top ten of all time?!? Yea, that is a completely reasonable thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Eli has been a borderline top ten active qb for the vast majority of his career and now he is possibly top ten of all time?!? Yea, that is a completely reasonable thought...
    Name 10 better ... I defy you (keep it in the Super Bowl era).

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Really? If picking of QBs playing today, name 10 that are better than Eli?

Can't you just accept the fact that you're the fan of a team with an elite QB?

Have another sip of the Kool-Aid ... you know you want to!

P.S. - Eli is DEFINITELY in the top 20 of all time QBs ... possibly top 10.
    KOOL-AID? Your putting Eli on a level with guys like Unitas, Montana and Marino and I'M drinking the Kool-Aid?

The guy is a very good QB. I like the fact that my team has a very good QB. But this nonsense about "all time greatness" is so twisted its not even worthy of discussion.
    But here we are. Discussing it as if its not based on complete delusion. No one (outside a few nutty Eli cultists) think Eli has anything close to the standing some of you guys are giving him.
    Get well soon 80.

Name 10 better ... I defy you (keep it in the Super Bowl era).
    Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Dan Marino, John Elway, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Dan Fouts, Troy Aikman,

How many is that? That took me less than a minute.
    Get well soon 80.

Ok....20 years from now when the NFL network is doing their top 10 QBs from this era Eli will be one of them as will Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben...etc...
    You guys are serioulsy nuts over this......wow...Fun to watch and read though .
    You guys are the Real Housewives of the Giants Message Boards...
    RHOGMB......lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Heck I'll man up ... here are my list of QBs that are even in a discussion with Eli (all time):

1) Joe Montana (my personal fave)
    2) Johnny Unitas
    3) Bart Starr
    4) Tom Brady
    5) John Elway
    6) Brett Favre
    7) Dan Marino
    8) Steve Young (tough because he only had 8 years as a starter but his starting stats with SF were tremendous)
    9) Peyton Manning
    10) ELI MANNING BABY!

#10 ALL TIME OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it!

Veteran
    I can't read any more right now...got something beckoning me towards it. But...I will say this. It really irks me when people state their "opinion" as if it is "fact". I would venture to say, too, that it appears to me, and I can't be sure, but the people who are the biggest culprits come-off as people who have never really played the game and are more like Sheldon from BBT. They have much knowledge about the game from books or TV, but nothing compares to learning the game on the field...IMO.
    Last edited by GCGiant; 11-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Closed Thread