Closed Thread
Page 134 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1489
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its these kinds of posts that give you Eli Cultists a bad name.

It's not a crime to delude yourself into believing that Eli Manning is some kind of all time great player. But when you say its silly to say that Roger Staubach (a top 5 all time QB) is better than Eli.....we have crossed the line into lunacy.
    Roger Staubach top 5? That is ridiculous.

Veteran
    .....we have crossed the line into lunacy.
    Ya think? I think the definition of lunacy would be similar to insanity...which would be doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So...yes we are all guilty. We continuously try to point out how you are wrong, over and over, and you and a few of your buddies continuously try to point out how we are wrong. You be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Ya think? I think the definition of lunacy would be similar to insanity...which would be doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So...yes we are all guilty. We continuously try to point out how you are wrong, over and over, and you and a few of your buddies continuously try to point out how we are wrong. You be the judge.
    Yes but I'm right.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Yes but I'm right.
    I truly am smiling right now...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Roger Staubach top 5? That is ridiculous.
    Well he was the best QB of his era.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Yes but I'm right.
    Crazy...but right. No...wait...I'm right and I can prove it!!!

Bench Player
    Yes but I'm right.
    Then prove it! You never even made a comment about the comparison between Montana and Eli's first eight years, you discredit stats that do not prove your point, I mean the discussion started out as Simms vs Manning and then spiraled into all of this. The truth is that statistically Manning is on track to have an amazing and historic career, will reset ever passing record for the Giants, owns multiple NFL records, owns the best performance by a qb in the postseason (most passing yards in the playoffs), two Super Bowls, and two Super Bowl MVP, just how is that not good for one of the greatest of his time, not all time, but this current period of time in the NFL?

did anyone see skip and rob parker debate when simms said this? i didnt know but apparently skip and phil are good friends. skips a big fan of simms on and off the field. i was shocked when skip and rob parker of all people maintained of course eli is elite. a few bad games dont erase all that hes done and what his true level of play is. skip said that knowing simms as well as he does, that simms made this comment bc his ego was hurt knowing eli was about to pass him on the td list and that he is a better qb than simms. he said simms is ultra competitive and that it stings him a little knowing theres a better qb in giants history than him, and thats where his comment was coming from.
    i couldnt believe it, the king of knee jerk responses was giving us insight into simms comment. especially couldnt believe that rob parker and skip were so adamant in declarng eli elite when they were some of his harshest critics. i suggest youtubing the clip, very interesting and accurate

Banned

Cool

This could hit 200 pages!

I think that Brady and Peyton, by any measure, are the two best QB's in the league at the moment, and it doesn't bother me one whit for others to have other opinions. After those two, I think there are a few others who are more accurate passers than Eli, but nothing shows me that any others are demonstrably better all-around quarterbacks than Eli. Maybe if I were into fantasy football I'd be more swayed by this year's downturn in some of Eli's stats - but in viewing the total package of what a QB brings to the team, I think Phil was caught off base on this one.