Closed Thread
Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1489
  1. #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    Then prove it! You never even made a comment about the comparison between Montana and Eli's first eight years, you discredit stats that do not prove your point, I mean the discussion started out as Simms vs Manning and then spiraled into all of this. The truth is that statistically Manning is on track to have an amazing and historic career, will reset ever passing record for the Giants, owns multiple NFL records, owns the best performance by a qb in the postseason (most passing yards in the playoffs), two Super Bowls, and two Super Bowl MVP, just how is that not good for one of the greatest of his time, not all time, but this current period of time in the NFL?
    Some people don't like to be weighed down with facts.

    It's the new diet plan

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its these kinds of posts that give you Eli Cultists a bad name.

    It's not a crime to delude yourself into believing that Eli Manning is some kind of all time great player. But when you say its silly to say that Roger Staubach (a top 5 all time QB) is better than Eli.....we have crossed the line into lunacy.
    Closet Cowboys fan

  3. #1343
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Closet Cowboys fan
    All we Giants fans could do in the 70's was watch other QB's for other teams, and see who kills us the most. Staubach murdered us. On the rare occasion of our getting ahead he would easily bring his team back and beat us.
    I don't think I ever saw a better 2 minute QB.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All we Giants fans could do in the 70's was watch other QB's for other teams, and see who kills us the most. Staubach murdered us. On the rare occasion of our getting ahead he would easily bring his team back and beat us.
    I don't think I ever saw a better 2 minute QB.
    Yeah I remember those days well.

    And Eli is a better 2 minute QB then Staubach.

    Staubach: 23 Game Winning drives, 15 4th Quarter Winning Drives
    Eli: 25 Game Winning drives, 21 4th quarter winning drives.

    Get with the program

  5. #1345
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,395
    Roger Staubach wears Eli Manning pajamas...

  6. #1346
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yeah I remember those days well.

    And Eli is a better 2 minute QB then Staubach.

    Staubach: 23 Game Winning drives, 15 4th Quarter Winning Drives
    Eli: 25 Game Winning drives, 21 4th quarter winning drives.

    Get with the program
    yeah but thats when QBs got hit all the time and offenses werent passing type offenses so if Staubach was around today he would be way better then Eli....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #1347
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yeah I remember those days well.

    And Eli is a better 2 minute QB then Staubach.

    Staubach: 23 Game Winning drives, 15 4th Quarter Winning Drives
    Eli: 25 Game Winning drives, 21 4th quarter winning drives.

    Get with the program
    out of how many opportunities? Dallas was rarely behind.
    You must have never seen him play. And how many were in the last 2 minutes? Go look that up because that's all you have.

    "Stats" seem to be your only argument for anything.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 11-29-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #1348
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    out of how many opportunities? Dallas was rarely behind.
    You must have never seen him play. And how many were in the last 2 minutes? Go look that up because that's all you have.

    "Stats" seem to be your only argument for anything.
    I saw Staubach plenty ... you ain't the only person born before 1960 on these boards

    And yes ... god forbid we use actuality versus faulty rose colored romanticism ... what on earth was I thinking?!

  9. #1349
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I saw Staubach plenty ... you ain't the only person born before 1960 on these boards

    And yes ... god forbid we use actuality versus faulty rose colored romanticism ... what on earth was I thinking?!
    Well then what the hell are you talking about? You have to know how great he was. Because I've never met anyone who watched Roger Staubach play that didn't think he was an all time great.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #1350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And yes ... god forbid we use actuality versus faulty rose colored romanticism ... what on earth was I thinking?!
    Exactly Kruunch. It is hillarious how folks bring up stats to bash Eli Manning and then dismiss stats when it supports him.

    There is no way that Roger Staubach was better than Eli Manning. Heck, Jim Kelly was a better QB than Roger Staubach.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts