Closed Thread
Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by chasjay View Post
    I'm betting you meant Bill Walsh, Rosie, although I'm a big Joe Walsh fan too - 'cause life's been good to me so far.
    lol. Actually I was referring to the former Giant coach and Jets head coach.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

C'mon everybody, let this thread go already.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Do you fail to read the part where I wrote those were "ELI'S WORDS"?

Don't tell me, tell Eli.
    but ur the one saying eli isnt a great passer bc he doesnt always have a tight spiral. eli was merely commenting on his brothers health and getting back into football. peyton prob couldnt throw at all at one point, and now he's throwing spirals...still, peyton has some of the uglies ducks ever even worse than eli. is peyton not a great passer? is simms a better "passer" then peyton bc simms had a tighter spiral? im really asking bc i believe even earlier in the thread you made the contention that eli would never be a good passer bc of some of the ducks he throws in comparison to simms...so if peyton throws an even uglier ball, that must follow suit for peyton too no?

we all just have different measurement parameters i guess, to me, if it isnt the prettiest spiral but still ends up where it needs to be, i dont hold that against a qb. im more into the results, then looks. and in a lot of ways, stats are metaphorically the looks of a qb, while w/l and success is the results...for me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ohhh gotta disagree there big guy.

As for Simms comments, I believe they were more attention driven then anything. Simms is an analyst/commentator and he needs talking point material as much as anyone. But yeah I think part of it was maliciously driven. Phil has never struck me as the overly evolved type.
    ^

lol. Actually I was referring to the former Giant coach and Jets head coach.
    you got me.

giantsfan420 but ur the one saying eli isnt a great passer bc he doesnt always have a tight spiral.
    Those are your words not mine.

eli was merely commenting on his brothers health and getting back into football. peyton prob couldnt throw at all at one point, and now he's throwing spirals..
    Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. Eli made these comments recently.

.still, peyton has some of the uglies ducks ever even worse than eli. is peyton not a great passer? is simms a better "passer" then peyton bc simms had a tighter spiral? im really asking bc i believe even earlier in the thread you made the contention that eli would never be a good passer bc of some of the ducks he throws in comparison to simms...so if peyton throws an even uglier ball, that must follow suit for peyton too no?
    Again, your words. I've never thought of Peyton as a QB that can't throw. I've always thought of Peyton as a master of his position.

we all just have different measurement parameters i guess, to me, if it isnt the prettiest spiral but still ends up where it needs to be, i dont hold that against a qb. im more into the results, then looks. and in a lot of ways, stats are metaphorically the looks of a qb, while w/l and success is the results...for me at least
    Quit getting hung up on the 'prettiest spiral' thing. Comment on his pass to Hyno and later to Ahmad. Tell me another truly great QB that makes throws like that.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by chasjay View Post
    you got me.
    My bad. I was thinking about Joe Walton.

Those are your words not mine.

Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. Eli made these comments recently.

Again, your words. I've never thought of Peyton as a QB that can't throw. I've always thought of Peyton as a master of his position.

Quit getting hung up on the 'prettiest spiral' thing. Comment on his pass to Hyno and later to Ahmad. Tell me another truly great QB that makes throws like that.
    brees and peyton. and i guess i misconstrued when u posted that simms threw a prettier ball and was a much better "passer". you've said many times in this thread that eli throws ugly passes and isnt a great passer.

you did say he wasnt a great passer, right? could you explain in more detail why? and also why he'll "never" be one bc you stated that as well...if misthrows are your criteria, then rodgers, peyton manning, brees, brady, simms...they're all not great passers then...brees had an int last night in the exact same manner that eli had one vs cinci and he was lambasted here...

im not trying to put down ur opinion, im just looking for your reasoning bc its mine and many intelligent fans belief that eli is a master of his position just like peyton is. and that eli is one of the better "pure" passers in the game with the types of throws he can make that other qbs simply cant/

i guess this is how people felt when they forgot about YA tittle. younger generation moves on and we have to expect it. I understand why some prefer Eli , its because its happening now not 20 years ago. hell some people arguing are only in there 20's.

We need to stop this back and forth and just be happy Eli got it. because 5-6 years ago i was pretty worried he was a doof.

giantsfan420 brees and peyton. and i guess i misconstrued when u posted that simms threw a prettier ball
    This is why you are a ****. Quote me on this comment or shut the **** up.

and was a much better "passer". you've said many times in this thread that eli throws ugly passes and isnt a great passer.

you did say he wasnt a great passer, right? could you explain in more detail why?
    I brought up the the recent throws to Hyno and Ahamd and asked you to comment. Here's your chance.

and also why he'll "never" be one bc you stated that as well...if misthrows are your criteria, then rodgers, peyton manning, brees, brady, simms...they're all not great passers then...brees had an int last night in the exact same manner that eli had one vs cinci and he was lambasted here...
    I'm going to ignore the nonsense in this quote and address Brees last night. How many times has Brees played like that?

im not trying to put down
    You could never put me down son.

ur opinion, im just looking for your reasoning bc its mine and many intelligent fans belief that eli is a master of his position just like peyton is.
    Name one football player or coach that believes Eli is a master at QB, and quote him.

and that eli is one of the better "pure" passers in the game with the types of throws he can make that other qbs simply cant
    I'd probably rank Eli as the lowest "pure" passer of the greatest QB's I've ever seen in my 30+ years of watching pro football.

Closed Thread