Closed Thread
Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    everyone knows Tom doesnt yell at Eli and Tom never ever calls Eli out and says he has to play better even after horrible games. Now that doesnt mean Eli isnt good but he does get treated differently.
    Tom is not like Bill in that he doesn't call people out in public, but I think he is just as tough as Bill was. I've seen him chastise Eli almost as much as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't just get to skip all season and playoff games just to get to the SB. Point I made was Eli carried that team more often then not through that season and runs they went on in the playoff. That's what I meant by mostly on the QB's shoulders.
    In 2007 Eli wasn't stellar by any means during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    What has Eli done to earn the sensitive tag?? It's not like he didn't get the crap beat outta of him in the NFCCG.
    My guess is that Eli would get along fine with Parcells.

When it comes to personality, work ethic, intelligence, etc., Parcells would be thrilled to have Manning.

Simms couldn't even stay on the field his first few seasons.

And when 1/2 of the team wanted to rebel against "old" Coughlin, Eli was unwavering in his support.....so it's not like he's not used to some fire and brimstone.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Welcome to pro sports, many players get coddled. Eli isn't the only one.
    Doesn't bother me at all that he's coddled. Whatever makes him play better. My point is that Phil was thrown to the wolves. Then when he tore up his knee, they discarded him. He had to claw his way back.
    Our coaches have been very careful with Eli.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    The whole team wasn't, but they all meshed during the run and during that time Eli showed that he could make any throw, in any condition with any game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Simms cultists!!!
    I think I'm going to have T shirts made.
    The difference between me and the Eli Cultists is that I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Our defense held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points in SB 42. They knocked Brady on his *** 19 times. That SB had one of the greatest defensive performances in SB history. No offensive player carried that team.
    Or defensive .. individual player that is.

TD catch and then THE catch. Tyree could have been mvp.

The whole team wasn't, but they all meshed during the run and during that time Eli showed that he could make any throw, in any condition with any game on the line.
    Eli didn't play well during the season. He had two of the worst games I've ever seen a QB have. The 4 pick game vs. Minn. and that Buffalo game where KG was afraid to even let him throw a pass later in the game.

His performance in the playoffs was solid in that he didn't turn the ball over. His yards, TD's were right in line with his career averages.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I you said Eli "carried" the team which is not accurate. In 2011, he certainly did the lions share of work. In 2007? Absolutely not.

" Point I made was Eli carried that team more often then not through that season and runs they went on in the playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all that he's coddled. Whatever makes him play better. My point is that Phil was thrown to the wolves. Then when he tore up his knee, they discarded him. He had to claw his way back.
    Our coaches have been very careful with Eli.
    Don't recall Phil tearing up his knee, but maybe you meant the ankle in Buffalo. Anyways, the demise of Phil after that was due to Handley's ridiculous preference of Hoss over Phil. By that time the team was fragmenting and we entered into an era where greats like Rodney Hampton were just farts in the wind of NFL legacy.