Closed Thread
Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    I loved Phil and always thought he was an underrated QB, but he is talking nonsense. Eli might be the most wildly inconsistent elite QB in football history, but the kid has way more often come through in the clutch than not. Not to mention the magnitude of the games that he has done it in. Can't say I would take Eli over someone like Rodgers or Drew because the roller coaster seasons cut my life expectancy, but I have developed a feeling like Eli can get us out of any reasonable hole, no matter what the game situation is.
    I thought Eli was "elite" early this year, but after the way he's been playing lately how can you call him that. He's way too erratic.

if Warner and Simms feel the same, who are we to judge. some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes. These guys know what it isall about the position in and out and know what a HOF elite player is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Joe Namath was great. Maybe the purest passer of all time.
    Stats are not the sole standard in the NFL. If they were Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testeverde would be shoe ins for the Hall.
    yeah I know the "legend" of Joe Nameth. But his stats suck......more losses than wins etc...
    but he is a legend and thats the only reason he is in....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    This thread will have 10 pages minimum close of business today.
    The over/under is 24 pages by Noon on Wednesday

You want in?

For the record, I agree with Simms. Elite QB's have an occasional bad game. Eli likes to string a bunch of them together pretty much every year. Too inconsistent to be considered elite IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes
    Yeah but I'm an elite sandwich artist. When the pressure is on, I get that bread toasted to the perfect temperature and when someone asks me for extra onions, I put them puppies in the right spot between the lettuce and week old meats.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    His jersey was retired dude. What does that tell you?
    Tells me he was the QB of some VERY talented teams! Having Joe Morris running for 100+ a game, a HOF worthy tight end, and a stifling defense helps any QB!
    Last edited by DVision; 11-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Simms is right. I called it earlier in the season. Eli is not an elite QB. I really can't get over how badly he's played for the last 4 games. Top QB's don't slump like this. His two SB MVP's show that he's no chump but this team with a Brady, Brees, P Manning or Rodgers behind centre wouldn't be as wildly inconsistent.
    Last edited by NYGabriel; 11-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah but I'm an elite sandwich artist. When the pressure is on, I get that bread toasted to the perfect temperature and when someone asks me for extra onions, I put them puppies in the right spot between the lettuce and week old meats.
    lol an honest buck. but still why are so many questioning these guys. if they are saying it their must be a reason, and its not jealousy they arent in their 20,s

Who cares if Simms is right..really. The guy is our quarterback now and he does his best to win games. That is all you can ask for. Why does he have to put up 40 td and 3 int.s a season to get some respect?? Not only did Simms say he wasn't elite and that's fine but he also said he is average. Average quarterbacks don't make all the high pressure comebacks and wins two SB. Eli wins games and plays his best once he gets to the playoffs I'll take that over most quarterbacks. Eli is a 20-30 td...10-15 int. quarterback that throws for a ton of yards and plays well in the playoffs. We can do much worse.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-13-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    Tom is not like Bill in that he doesn't call people out in public, but I think he is just as tough as Bill was. I've seen him chastise Eli almost as much as anyone else.

Closed Thread