Closed Thread
Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The over/under is 24 pages by Noon on Wednesday

You want in?

For the record, I agree with Simms. Elite QB's have an occasional bad game. Eli likes to string a bunch of them together pretty much every year. Too inconsistent to be considered elite IMO.
    The simple truth, whether we're talking about Eli or anyone else, is that the jury is out until the whole body of work can be examined and compared to whoever else played in relatively the same time span.

We needed two weeks of filler and this was a great start.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Haven't read the thread, too long.

But here is a bold prediction:

Eli will toss three touchdowns in our next game and will take over Simms' record.

/ELIte

Quote Originally Posted by TopleyBird View Post
    Haven't read the thread, too long.

But here is a bold prediction:

Eli will toss three touchdowns in our next game and will take over Simms' record.

/ELIte
    If that makes him elite, then by inference, Simms must be elite as he's already there.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    When people are constantly having to defend a player for lack of elite production....is he really elite? Rodgers, Brady, Brees, (Peyton) Manning don't need their fanatics to dance around their stats and pick and choose certain things that make them considered to be elite. With those guys it's a lot more clear cut than it is with Eli. It's business as usual to see a 100+ efficiency rating at the end of the season from them. For Eli it would be more of a shocker because he's never done it before. He makes too many mistakes in regards to turnovers and accuracy compared to them. His play during our Super Bowl runs is pretty much how these guys play every week for the most part.

He has the capability, but lacks consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The over/under is 24 pages by Noon on Wednesday

You want in?

For the record, I agree with Simms. Elite QB's have an occasional bad game. Eli likes to string a bunch of them together pretty much every year. Too inconsistent to be considered elite IMO.
    I already raised the ante to 50 by COB tomorrow. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I strongly disagree with this

Banned
    I don't get this. Phil always defended Eli even prior to the first Super Bowl. This offseason he said Eli was a first ballot HALL OF FAMER. There's something wrong with Eli these past few game. I don't understand how his play could regress so badly for a string of games this long. He is right, the elite QBs never have this many bad games in a row. I don't think Eli has had this many bad games in a row since the Vikings, Redskins, Bills, Bears string of games in 2007.

Is Eli injured? Maybe, but we will never know. To me, Eli isn't passing the eyes test which tells me something isn't right.
    Last edited by Manning; 11-13-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I strongly disagree with this
    Are you kidding?
    That's the smartest thing he's ever said!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I'm glad Simms said this. Good move. Light a fire under Eli's ***.

He seems to do best when people question or doubt his elite status. Remember when the entire world laughed at his "I'm in Brady's class" comment? That lit a fire under him.

Closed Thread